The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aatu Räty | #27 | C

DSVII

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Thanks for the analysis HOH.  Raty sounds like what teams looked for in an old time 2C.  A player to matchup against the other teams top line and able to play big minutes.  30-40 points would be fantastic for a guy in that role. 

Beauvillier is already that player so we got two similar players for one?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Raty's draft +1 year in Liiga puts him right there with Lundell and Teravainen as 19 year old scorers.  He is a very strong prospect.  We have to remember that every prospect doesn't have to be like Petey or Hughes.  Getting a really good 2nd or 3rd line centre is a very valuable asset.

I look at our pool right now as

Forwards with a strong chance of becoming a regular in the nhl

Raty

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Lekkerimaki

Forwards with a medium chance of becoming a regular in the nhl

McDonough

Karlsson

Klimovich

Aman

Lockwood

honorable mention Forsell, Lockhart

Defensemen with a strong chance of becoming a regular in the nhl

n/a

Defensemen with an outside chance of becoming a 4-6th Dman in the nhl

Jack Rathbone

Filip Johansson

Elias Pettersson

Jacob Truscott

Joni Jurmo

Jett Woo

Seems clear what we need to do at the deadline and at the draft.

Reasonable expectations for prospects? On CDC? 

6 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Raty's draft +1 year in Liiga puts him right there with Lundell and Teravainen as 19 year old scorers.  He is a very strong prospect.  We have to remember that every prospect doesn't have to be like Petey or Hughes.  Getting a really good 2nd or 3rd line centre is a very valuable asset.

I look at our pool right now as

Forwards with a strong chance of becoming a regular in the nhl

Raty

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Lekkerimaki

Forwards with a medium chance of becoming a regular in the nhl

McDonough

Karlsson

Klimovich

Aman

Lockwood

honorable mention Forsell, Lockhart

Defensemen with a strong chance of becoming a regular in the nhl

n/a

Defensemen with an outside chance of becoming a 4-6th Dman in the nhl

Jack Rathbone

Filip Johansson

Elias Pettersson

Jacob Truscott

Joni Jurmo

Jett Woo

Seems clear what we need to do at the deadline and at the draft.

I'm higher on some guys than you are and see more potential considering what I've seen and their trajectory right now.

Imo some of the guys you mentioned like McDonough and Klimovich should be in.your strong chance category possible top 6 players and for defensemen I see Jurmo, Pettersson, Rathbone and Johansson having a sold chance to be a 2,3 or 4 Dman all have lots of potential.

To be honest these players I've  mentioned who I've watched and followed I'd be disappointed if they weren't as good as I think they could be.

Edited by Podkolzins Snipe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Podkolzins Snipe said:

I'm higher on some guys than you are and see more potential considering what I've seen and their trajectory right now.

Imo some of the guys you mentioned like McDonough and Klimovich should be in.your strong chance category possible top 6 players and for defensemen I see Jurmo, Pettersson, Rathbone and Johansson having a sold chance to be a 2,3 or 4 Dman all have lots of potential.

To be honest these players I've  mentioned who I've watched and followed I'd be disappointed if they weren't as good as I think they could be.

McDonnough and Klim are both big, skilled guys.  I very much like their chances too.  Can’t teach size. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

McDonnough and Klim are both big, skilled guys.  I very much like their chances too.  Can’t teach size. 

Will be interesting if McDonnough signs with Vancouver this spring? He might not sign?  Sure hope he does....

It seems English spellings of Euro-Asian names don't apply to proper English pronunciation. A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Y and any combination of such screws things up from how I learned about English growing up in Canada. And what about combinations like KH, NG, ZH, XI, let alone Aatu Raty?!?!?!?!??!?!?? That being said.......

I'm an Asian. Grew up as such. My mom was an amazing Chinese cook. Anywho.....I get it. English writing trying to emulate foreign sounds and pronunciation is the culprit for all the confusion. I know those sounds and I get the reason for spelling for such. But Euro names can be confusing. In Quebec, it's Pa-ree-zay. But Zach insists it's Pa-ree-zee?!?!?!!???? And if one were to spell out Patrick Roy's name the way it actually sounds, how would it actually look??!?!?!??? Derek Roy?!?!??!??

Go Canucks Go!

32 minutes ago, Sativika said:

It seems English spellings of Euro-Asian names don't apply to proper English pronunciation. A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Y and any combination of such screws things up from how I learned about English growing up in Canada. And what about combinations like KH, NG, ZH, XI, let alone Aatu Raty?!?!?!?!??!?!?? That being said.......

I'm an Asian. Grew up as such. My mom was an amazing Chinese cook. Anywho.....I get it. English writing trying to emulate foreign sounds and pronunciation is the culprit for all the confusion. I know those sounds and I get the reason for spelling for such. But Euro names can be confusing. In Quebec, it's Pa-ree-zay. But Zach insists it's Pa-ree-zee?!?!?!!???? And if one were to spell out Patrick Roy's name the way it actually sounds, how would it actually look??!?!?!??? Derek Roy?!?!??!??

Go Canucks Go!

When Zachs father J.P. Parise  played for Minnesota most pronounced Parise exactly how it’s spelled pa-ree-say

19 minutes ago, chon derry said:

When Zachs father J.P. Parise  played for Minnesota most pronounced Parise exactly how it’s spelled pa-ree-say

I thought they announced it was pronounced: Ah-2 Rah-2.

I'm not sure how it is pronounced, but I know what it spells... big trouble for Lu-Lu on the Island if he can't sign Bo, and dumped Raty and their 1st for Sweet Marchand All!