The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aatu Räty | #27 | C

DSVII

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

I thought they announced it was pronounced: Ah-2 Rah-2.

I'm not sure how it is pronounced, but I know what it spells... big trouble for Lu-Lu on the Island if he can't sign Bo, and dumped Raty and their 1st for Sweet Marchand All!

Bo didn’t want to stick around for the retool. And ended up in a lousier stituation. He left for the money. It wouldn’t have mattered what jr offered. If he signs in ny for what would/ could have been on the table here. Then I’m not going to miss bo horvat. Enjoy your time in Elmont New York on a worse team  

28 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I have moved on.  Bo is no longer a Canuck, so I don't really care about him anymore.

Aatu Raty is looking like an extremely good prospect, "Antonio"  Beauvalier could well slip right into Pearson's spot on the wing, and the 1st round pick to go with not being committed to an 8 by 8 or whatever Bo gets makes this trade a slam dunk.

Plus, taking Bo out of the lineup helps the tanking procedure for our own 1st rounder because Aatu is going straight to Abby. 

I like Raty enough that I'm gonna sign up for the Abby TV package and watch all our young guns blaze away.

Can't wait actually, to see Podz again, and Hogey, and Klim, and playoff hockey etc.

Now, where's that link again?   

https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/  

$39.99 for 1 team home & away regular season package (at currently discounted price).

I did that a month ago and it was well worth it

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I wouldn't put that kinda pressure on the kid.  Kesler was a 40 goal scoring Selke winner lol

He did that once on one of the greatest teams in history. He never broke 30 goals before or after that season. Either way, I was more joking about how you alluded to Bo being a 2 way center. He's great at faceoffs but that's literally it. JT Miller has better defensive stats than Bo, take that in. 

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Thanks 1

I am hoping Raty can turn into Aho lite.

Both Fins drafted in the second round. Both have good shots. Both plays 200ft game.

Draft +1 year

Aho 45games - 20goals 45pts in Liiga
Raty 41games - 13goals 40pts in Liiga

Edited by mordekai
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, mordekai said:

I am hoping Raty can turn into Aho lite.

Both Fins drafted in the second round. Both have good shots. Both plays 200ft game.

Draft +1 year

Aho 45games - 20goals 45pts in Liiga
Raty 41games - 13goals 40pts in Liiga

Hopefully he got a strong foundation for his two way game in the Islanders system, but not too much that they stifled his offensive game. 

His draft +1 year is very impressive when you compare it to other Finns like Aho and Granlund.

4 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I have moved on.  Bo is no longer a Canuck, so I don't really care about him anymore.

Aatu Raty is looking like an extremely good prospect, "Antonio"  Beauvalier could well slip right into Pearson's spot on the wing, and the 1st round pick to go with not being committed to an 8 by 8 or whatever Bo gets makes this trade a slam dunk.

Plus, taking Bo out of the lineup helps the tanking procedure for our own 1st rounder because Aatu is going straight to Abby. 

I like Raty enough that I'm gonna sign up for the Abby TV package and watch all our young guns blaze away.

Can't wait actually, to see Podz again, and Hogey, and Klim, and playoff hockey etc.

Now, where's that link again?   

https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/  

$39.99 for 1 team home & away regular season package (at currently discounted price).

I’m excited to watch him play. Haven’t seen anything on him. I’ll be watching to see how he does at faceoffs and just overall compete level. It sounds like he has some really pro traits and it’s just a matter of time till he makes it to the nhl.

Absolutely love thar all our prospects are marinating on the farm finally!

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hopefully he got a strong foundation for his two way game in the Islanders system, but not too much that they stifled his offensive game. 

His draft +1 year is very impressive when you compare it to other Finns like Aho and Granlund.

Agree gotta mold him to the two Finn’s you mentioned. I m sure they will grant him lots of ice time on pp n first or second line role. Colliton is there to develop n coach. Winning isn’t a priority

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I’m excited to watch him play. Haven’t seen anything on him. I’ll be watching to see how he does at faceoffs and just overall compete level. It sounds like he has some really pro traits and it’s just a matter of time till he makes it to the nhl.

Apparently he switches to right hand to take draws 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

And growing together, getting to know each other's idiosyncrasies, and forming bonds.

I did sign up for AHLTV Canucks only; there's a game tomorrow night and another Saturday afternoon.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

And growing together, getting to know each other's idiosyncrasies, and forming bonds.

I did sign up for AHLTV Canucks only; there's a game tomorrow night and another Saturday afternoon.

Awesome to hear. It’s great hockey to watch. Some barns don’t have the best camera work. But the Abby camera work is top notch as far as AHL goes. It’s gotten better every year tho lately. Every AHL team seems to be upping their standards as streaming interest grows.

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2023 at 1:35 PM, Alflives said:

McDonnough and Klim are both big, skilled guys.  I very much like their chances too.  Can’t teach size. 

We certainly need some size especially on D, but as Myers illustrates you can't teach natural talent / hockey IQ.

5 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

We certainly need some size especially on D, but as Myers illustrates you can't teach natural talent / hockey IQ.

You don't get drafted #12 and win rookie of the year if you don't have natural talent

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

You don't get drafted #12 and win rookie of the year if you don't have natural talent

And what has use has his " talent " been on our team ? 

The talent to make glaring mistakes in his zone ?

• RoughGame 1