The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anthony Beauvillier | #72 | LW

-AJ-

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

To think some people on here were calling Beauvillier a cap dump lmao.

As of this moment, in 7 games with the Canucks he has 6 points (4 of them goals).

It is a bit surprising, but Horvat (3G, 1A) actually has less production in New York than Beauvillier.  The Isles are in a lot of trouble right now - they've underperformed, and it's obvious they need more help if they want to contend this postseason.  Barzal also got injured today.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to sign Beauvillier to a 5x5.  But we do have an overabundance of wingers, so the Canucks would have to decide who to trade away.

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Last 4 games:

Beau - 5 points

BO - 1 point

Gotta wonder if maybe playing with Miller regularly 5v5, and having the bumper position with 4 play drivers in Petey, Hughes, Miller, and Kuz on PP1 had something to do with Horvats production in Vancouver ;)

• elephant 3

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Gotta wonder if maybe playing with Miller regularly 5v5, and having the bumper position with 4 play drivers in Petey, Hughes, Miller, and Kuz on PP1 had something to do with Horvats production in Vancouver ;)

Yup. And Bo is now on a club where all the players are expected to play on the defensive side of the puck. 

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Beau was on pace for 33 points playing with the Islanders. Suddenly he has 6 points in 7 games playing with Vancouver. Meanwhile, BO, for the first time all season, has gone scoreless in 3 consecutive games. 

I’m sure this is just a coincidence though. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup. And Bo is now on a club where all the players are expected to play on the defensive side of the puck. 

And he got paid. No need to do any of the stat padding that he was doing here. He just to go and do what they ask, which is to defend rather than attack.

Here, it was all about attack. Win games 6-5 was the goal here.

8 minutes ago, jyu said:

And he got paid. No need to do any of the stat padding that he was doing here. He just to go and do what they ask, which is to defend rather than attack.

Here, it was all about attack. Win games 6-5 was the goal here.

I sceptical for Horfat can’t play defensively. He doesn’t have the quickness of foot or the hardness of character. 68 million for a 50 point guy, who is good on draws. Thank God we dumped that elephant. 

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Couldn't have anything to do with his new linemates, could it?

For 68 million shouldn’t old Bo be the play driver though? Maybe at 4 mil per new Beau is better? Old Bo has the fatter wallet though, that’s for certain. Can’t argue that point. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Is new Beau a better player than old Bo? The numbers since the trade sure say he is. 

It's a very small sample size. But Beau has shown to be clutch before - especially when there is something on the line. (Which his next contract most likely is). He said he feels it's a great opportunity for him to reinvent himself with a fresh start. (Or something to that effect). So far, it certainly looks like he's making the most of it. (Doesn't hurt that Petey makes his linemates better, and they've seem to have found chemistry). 

Ultimately, I'm pretty sure Bo is the better player. BUT, we got out of that long and expensive contract while acquiring a solid prospect and a mid-level 1st pick. Even if Bo continues his torrid pace from when he was with our team, what happens with the extras we received may end up making this trade well in our favour. The Islander fans must be beside themselves right now... gonna head over now to read the fun.

• elephant 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

For 68 million shouldn’t old Bo be the play driver though? Maybe at 4 mil per new Beau is better? Old Bo has the fatter wallet though, that’s for certain. Can’t argue that point. 

7 years playing in the NHL, Beau has never scored over 18g and 39pts.  Bo has consistently put up much better

stats, plays C, is good at f-offs, marvellous on the PP and a great leader.  Yes, he is overpaid, but that doesn't

change the fact that he is a much better player than Beau.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

7 years playing in the NHL, Beau has never scored over 18g and 39pts.  Bo has consistently put up much better

stats, plays C, is good at f-offs, marvellous on the PP and a great leader.  Yes, he is overpaid, but that doesn't

change the fact that he is a much better player than Beau.

So far, since th3 Trade, the fact is our Beau is better than their Bo. So WE WIN! 

• There it is 1

29 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Most definitely not. The knock on Beau over his career so far is that he's a streaky player. He's streaking right now, let's see if we can keep it up.

He definitely is streaky. But I also think he wasn't a good fit on the islanders. He had a couple good seasons to start but then Lou Lam showed up and tightened his grip on them with his defence first approach. Which obviously worked well for him in the New Jersey Devils years...but the game is so much different now. I think Lou has crippled the islanders. Barzal has a leash on him too (was way more effective and creative before Lou). So I think a lot of players on the island could see a boost if they were traded to a team that lets you play offence a bitmore. And also players who come to the island could see a drop in  their production...cough cough Bo...time will tell. 

I don't think AB will continue his current production rate but i've always seen him as a 50 point player.

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

He definitely is streaky. But I also think he wasn't a good fit on the islanders. He had a couple good seasons to start but then Lou Lam showed up and tightened his grip on them with his defence first approach. Which obviously worked well for him in the New Jersey Devils years...but the game is so much different now. I think Lou has crippled the islanders. Barzal has a leash on him too (was way more effective and creative before Lou). So I think a lot of players on the island could see a boost if they were traded to a team that lets you play offence a bitmore. And also players who come to the island could see a drop in  their production...cough cough Bo...time will tell. 

I don't think AB will continue his current production rate but i've always seen him as a 50 point player.

Playing with Petey new Beau will score more points than old Bo does on the Islanders. 

• Upvote 1

What Tocchet said about him a couple of days ago seems right to me:  he needs to play north-south and do puck recovery and forechecking, whether as a first- or third-line player.  It's great that he can tip in goals and make some skill passes but that is never going to be his bread and butter, only a nice extra.  I still like him as a player but he needs to understand his role.  We desperately need his speed in the lineup and he has to play that game.  

• Cheers 1