The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anthony Beauvillier | #72 | LW

-AJ-

For those that don’t know, Anthony has been the most productive post TDL player this year with 17 points.

And anyone else watch Raty play at center?

he looks like a bit like EP40 and is very tenacious without the puck.

he should be on the rise and with the need for a 3 line C. He could be a cheap option or back solution.

provided that Alvin and Rutherford keep up their pro scouting we could stop seeing more cost controlled depth springing up from the farm, as te supposed to happen.

• 2 months later...

I read somewhere recently that Beauvilleur was drafted as a C/LW and that he's said C is his favourite position.

Now his FO% percentage would say otherwise, but if he could figure that (albeit major) part of being a C - is there any way he could vie for the 3C position this coming season?

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

I read somewhere recently that Beauvilleur was drafted as a C/LW and that he's said C is his favourite position.

Now his FO% percentage would say otherwise, but if he could figure that (albeit major) part of being a C - is there any way he could vie for the 3C position this coming season?

Interesting idea. But I think we are going to trade him for a pick. Then use some of his cap space to sign Kerfoot for our 3C. 

23 hours ago, Putgolzin said:

The main issue I'd have with that is then we're paying over a 4mil cap hit for a 3rd line center that may or may not be good at faceoffs. Is that really a good use of cap when we're gradually going to need more of it if we're going to turn things around? Perhaps if we didn't have contracts like OEL's in the books we could afford to try that, but I'm hesitant otherwise.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

Just came here to say that I am a big fan of AB and think people should stop proposing he be traded!! He can be a big part of our top 6 forward group moving forwards, and think him and Podz should be considered our top 2 LW moving forwards. Top 2 RW = Kuzmenko and Garland/Boeser, and Top 2 C obvs JTM and EP 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hectic said:

Just came here to say that I am a big fan of AB and think people should stop proposing he be traded!! He can be a big part of our top 6 forward group moving forwards, and think him and Podz should be considered our top 2 LW moving forwards. Top 2 RW = Kuzmenko and Garland/Boeser, and Top 2 C obvs JTM and EP 

It's not really so much whether we like him or not, just the reality of the current situation. We're right up against the cap again and have 3 wingers that make each other redundant in Beauvillier, Boeser, and Garland. I'm sure there is a sizable portion of the fan base that like each one but you add in Kuzmenko and Mikheyev and there just isn't enough room in the top 6 (then add Podkolzin and Hoglander who should be pushing for spots as well). Something has to give, and I'm pretty sure the majority opinion at this point is just to trade whichever player brings the best return. None of the 3 are bad players, just a type of player we have too much of.

Edit: I should clarify that I don't think they're identical players, just that they fill very similar roles of somewhat streaky offensive wingers that don't bring much physically or defensively. Of the 3 Beauvillier probably has the best defense, Boeser the highest offensive ceiling (but highest cap hit), and Garland brings his petty attitude. But none of the 3 really do enough of anything to make them truly distinct from the other 2 in their roles.

Edited by Diamonds

On 7/19/2023 at 12:23 PM, Hectic said:

I really don’t see Beau as being a top 6 forward. He put up some points playing on the top line, but fizzled out not long after. 

5 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

I really don’t see Beau as being a top 6 forward. He put up some points playing on the top line, but fizzled out not long after. 

I don't know what people see in him.  I guess everyone got hyped after he outscored Horvat during that little stretch.  He is not good defensively and he does not kill penalties.  The opposite of Mikheyev, and yet people prefer Beau.

Could contain: Person, Text

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

Yeah, I liked Beauvillier when he first came, but just form watching, it seemed pretty clear to me that luck was going his way. On top of that, his offense completely vanished once he wasn't playing with top players. He's an adequate 3rd liner who can be a 2nd line guy when hot, but I would say guys like Garland and Boeser are far more likely to be good 2nd line wingers than Beauvillier is.

2 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I don't know what people see in him.  I guess everyone got hyped after he outscored Horvat during that little stretch.  He is not good defensively and he does not kill penalties.  The opposite of Mikheyev, and yet people prefer Beau.

Who are these people?! :angry:  Give me the names and I'll get 'em!Punch Punch Hand GIF - Punch Punch Hand Feherty - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

For me, it's a no-brainer to trade Beau (even if it means a retention or sweetener) for a vet 3C (if at all possible).

Hogs is ready to join the team and Pods isn't even included on the team roster anymore, due to so many FWs.

The only Winger on the Sharks, that can play in their top 6 is Barabanov LW.  Beau could easily play

on their top 6 (RW or LW)  for this season, which would give their young players another year to develop.

Beau (1m retention + 6th rounder 2024)   for     Sturm C ($2mx2yrs) 28yrs old

Kuze  Pete  Mik

Hogs  JT   Brock

Garland  Sturm   Pods

Joshua  Bluger   Studnika

Pizza/ Aman

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2023 at 11:10 PM, Bob.Loblaw said:

Well, he does have a little offensive ability, but he has to be carried. 

If Pittsburgh was looking for someone relatively cheap to play on one of their top lines, maybe they would take a chance on him having some chemistry with Crosby or Malkin. This is assuming the Canucks retain some salary. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...