HKSR

To BUF:

Thatcher Demko

Luke Schenn

To VAN:

Devon Levi

Henri Jokiharju

2nd Round Pick (VGK)

Buffalo is clearly ready to break out.  The only glaring 'weak' spot for them is goaltending.  Demko solidifies that position for them, and with their defence with Dahlin and Power, Demko's numbers should be fantastic there.  Schenn is added to their roster to bring some toughness to protect Dahlin/Power the same way he has done for Hughes.

Canucks get a very promising goalie prospect to develop into the next starting netminder for the franchise in Devon Levi.  They also pickup a very good and young RHD in Jokiharju.  The 2nd round pick is the VGK one (BUF has three 2nd round picks).

There we go.  Blockbuster initiated.  More youth injected.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd replace Levi with Comrie, who'd act as a stopgap for the remainder of this season and next 

Buffalo would likely run a tandem of Demko and Luukkonen so they'd need to drop cap/a tender anyway 

I could see Schenn working well in Buffalo, their D could absolutely use a veteran presence on it, they've got a very young D group 

I'd probably do it, but I also wouldn't be surprised if there were something to the Demko rumours we've been hearing, I won't be remotely shocked if he's traded 

I'd be asking for whichever of their 2nd round picks ends up being highest though, not just agree to it being Vegas

Edited by Coconuts

I'd essentially be a 2nd for Schenn and Jokiharju/Comrie for Demko 

Which might seem a bit low for Demko but goaltenders haven't historically brough back massive returns, more than likely we wouldn't be negotiating from a position of strength either given the season Demko's had 

Jokiharju is a still relatively young former 29OA RD though, that's nothing to sniff at considering how little we have in our system at RD and given the number of 5-8RD we have on our roster

I'd certainly hold him in higher regard than Bear, who I view as more of a 5 at best, which isn't to say Bear has played poorly 

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

To BUF:

Thatcher Demko

Luke Schenn

To VAN:

Devon Levi

Henri Jokiharju

2nd Round Pick (VGK)

Buffalo is clearly ready to break out.  The only glaring 'weak' spot for them is goaltending.  Demko solidifies that position for them, and with their defence with Dahlin and Power, Demko's numbers should be fantastic there.  Schenn is added to their roster to bring some toughness to protect Dahlin/Power the same way he has done for Hughes.

Canucks get a very promising goalie prospect to develop into the next starting netminder for the franchise in Devon Levi.  They also pickup a very good and young RHD in Jokiharju.  The 2nd round pick is the VGK one (BUF has three 2nd round picks).

There we go.  Blockbuster initiated.  More youth injected.

I love how click baity we have become... farming for our likes

• Haha 1