The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser's season is underrated/underappreciated, but the concern is warranted

Rate this topic

Dazzle

Just now, Tiger-Hearted said:

As great of a guy and as a human being Boeser is, facts are facts. He's in his mid 20's already and he isn't even half the player we were all excited to have on our team in his rookie season. The Flow has become The Slow due to rapid regression. Sounds harsh, I know, but facts are facts.

Being a great guy doesn’t win hockey games. 
We put too much into the whole character thing here because of the Sedin’s.  
Sure they were great people, but how many cups did being classy win them? 
I saw their class get punched in the face a bunch and have a cup taken from them. 

“Nice guys finish last” is a popular saying for a reason. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

I saw their class get punched in the face a bunch and have a cup taken from them. 

Agreed for the most part. Great teams need both sugar and salt. The Sedins were sugar, Kesler and Burrows were salt. The reason why the Sedins had no extended playoff success besides 2011 was because of the constant meltdowns of a goalie whose "contract sucked" but that's for another thread.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Lmfao. It hasn't been a popular saying in a LONG time. I also learned that this saying is actually very damaging.
Being a nice guy doesn't mean you're a floor mat. Don't confuse the two.

I don't want to make any presumptions, but saying that crap is making excuses for being an ass. I wouldn't be surprised if you still haven't grown out of your 20s period.

And wow, upon reflecting on your Sedin comment, I bet you're cut from the same mould as those who call the Sedins 'soft'. That's essentially what you're saying up there. There is this obsession to denigrate Europeans as soft while promoting this false idea of "big tough Canadian boy". Don Cherry-esque, dinosaur mentality.

There's a reason why people like him (and Mike Keenan) are considered dinosaurs. They are relics that haven't been able to keep up with the modern times.

Edited by Dazzle
  • RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Lmfao. It hasn't been a popular saying in a LONG time.

Please tell me what year it stopped being popular?    Hahahah.  Seriously.  What a ridiculous thing to say

I also learned that this saying is actually very damaging.

Only to the super ‘nice guys’. 

Daniel Sedin was a floor mat.  Ask the bruins.  

I don't want to make any presumptions, but saying that crap is making excuses for being an ass.

I just know that asking nicely for things only goes so far.  
You can wait for the refs to give your weakness a power play, or you can go take that game with force. 

I wouldn't be surprised if you still haven't grown out of your 20s period.

Hey buddy guy, I’m going go have some jagerbombs with the boys.  Wanna come bro?  

That’s actually a pretty immature and jerk like assumption to make just because we dont agree.  
That there is more of a characteristic of a 20 year old these days. 
Grow up ‘dazzle’.   Hahaha

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Very fair and accurate comments.

As great of a guy and as a human being Boeser is, but he has regressed terribly. Facts are facts. He's in his mid 20's already and he isn't even half the player we were all excited to have on our team in his rookie season. The Flow has become The Slow. Sounds harsh, I know, but facts are facts. Just NINE goals in 41 games is UNACCEPTABLE. If Boeser were pushing 20 goals right now, I would be fine with that. But NINE?? Uh, uh.

When separating the human part from his hockey play, I truly don't know what kind of human he is but he seems like a likeable person. 

Brock also seems to have been pouting ever since Bruce was going to scratch him on cancer night but ended up playing him. He seems disinterested on many plays and some not. That's not the Brock we've come to know especially when we know the guy can score. 

He has played some pretty good games but not near enough consistency.

Bruce never squeezed much out of him maybe the new coaching structure can unleash what we've seen. 

That said I feel he's got to move on. A player just doesn't drop of the planet in the way Brock has. 

Disappointing season thus far..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Please tell me what year it stopped being popular?    Hahahah.  Seriously.  What a ridiculous thing to say

Only to the super ‘nice guys’. 

Daniel Sedin was a floor mat.  Ask the bruins.  

I just know that asking nicely for things only goes so far.  
You can wait for the refs to give your weakness a power play, or you can go take that game with force. 

Hey buddy guy, I’m going go have some jagerbombs with the boys.  Wanna come bro?  

That’s actually a pretty immature and jerk like assumption to make just because we dont agree.  
That there is more of a characteristic of a 20 year old these days. 
Grow up ‘dazzle’.   Hahaha

Don't let it get to you. Meet one on one and go from there over a beer or what ever. People are tough until face to face. 

Just don't let it get to you. This person may not be old enough to have a checking account. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

Don't let it get to you. Meet one on one and go from there over a beer or what ever. People are tough until face to face. 

Just don't let it get to you. This person may not be old enough to have a checking account. 

I invited dazzle for jagerbombs with the bros.    
It didn’t get to me.  Lol

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Lmfao. It hasn't been a popular saying in a LONG time. I also learned that this saying is actually very damaging.

I don't want to make any presumptions, but saying that crap is making excuses for being an ass. I wouldn't be surprised if you still haven't grown out of your 20s period.

And wow, upon reflecting on your Sedin comment, I bet you're cut from the same mould as those who call the Sedins 'soft'. That's essentially what you're saying up there. There is this obsession to denigrate Europeans as soft while promoting this false idea of "big tough Canadian boy". Don Cherry-esque, dinosaur mentality.

There's a reason why people like him (and Mike Keenan) are considered dinosaurs. They are relics that haven't been able to keep up with the modern times.

Forsberg and Landeskog seemed to do well enough with their retro attitudes. You seemed to be caught in your own time warp.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

This post is insane.  
Just making wild assumptions.  
But for fun, please enjoy most point being made in one simple gif. 

9B1E9815-C74F-4AA8-BC8D-82CD724C3B2A.gif

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

If Brock plays 82 games, he's on pace for a (+15g - +40 - +50pts) season.

Retain $2m of his cap and get a +50pt player for $4.65 X 2yrs.   A team will trade for him at the price.

In this league you have players that help you win and you have players that help you lose.  Boeser is the type type of player that helps you lose.

No one cares how many points he has-  if hes in our top 6 we aren't winning anything of relevance 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

In this league you have players that help you win and you have players that help you lose.  Boeser is the type type of player that helps you lose.

No one cares how many points he has-  if hes in our top 6 we aren't winning anything of relevance 

That may be true, but there are other teams that have RWs that are worse (by far) than anything you can say about

BB.  For instance:

Oilers best RW's are Pujujarvi and Yamamoto, although they may have a C-R that isn't an improvement.

Do you not think the Oilers would take a chance with Boeser, if the price was right?

Oilers get Boeser $2m retained, Shenn       Nucks get Pujujarvi  UFA $3m cap dump, Ryan Mcleod (3)C,                       ($4.6m remaining x2yrs )                                                                                   + 1st rounder                              

Edited by higgyfan

Dakota Joshua has one less goal while playing almost 7 minutes less per game and no PP time. Brock is not a Swiss army knife, if he's not scoring he doesn't have alot of value otherwise, no matter how many secondary assists he has. His contract needs to go 

The end.

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • There it is 1

49 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Dakota Joshua has one less goal while playing almost 7 minutes less per game and no PP time. Brock is not a Swiss army knife, if he's not scoring he doesn't have alot of value otherwise, no matter how many secondary assists he has. His contract needs to go 

The end.

The boeser karens will ignore this. 

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 2

Great article just posted Feb 6th by Frank Seravalli, of The Daily Faceoff who summarized things perfectly.......................

"Teams are well aware that Boeser has never been a great skater. He lacks separation speed, which hampers his ability to create the space necessary to distribute the puck, limiting him to a complementary shooter role. That forces coaches to play him with faster players who can get in on pucks more quickly and get them to Boeser for looks, such as Ilya Mikheyev this year in Vancouver." 

"Boeser’s lack of pace also impacts his defensive ability. He is often late to backcheck and once in the defensive zone, he typically reacts to pressure rather than anticipate attacking lanes. He has the tendency to cheat for offense, giving himself a little head start out of the zone, which can burn his team from time to time. Any team with the hopes of making a deep playoff run needs players committed to playing in all three zones, and Boeser has shown inconsistency on the defensive side of the puck."

Link:

Which team will bet on Canucks’ Brock Boeser? (msn.com)

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • RoughGame 1

6 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Great article just posted Feb 6th by Frank Seravalli, of The Daily Faceoff who summarized things perfectly.......................

"Teams are well aware that Boeser has never been a great skater. He lacks separation speed, which hampers his ability to create the space necessary to distribute the puck, limiting him to a complementary shooter role. That forces coaches to play him with faster players who can get in on pucks more quickly and get them to Boeser for looks, such as Ilya Mikheyev this year in Vancouver." 

"Boeser’s lack of pace also impacts his defensive ability. He is often late to backcheck and once in the defensive zone, he typically reacts to pressure rather than anticipate attacking lanes. He has the tendency to cheat for offense, giving himself a little head start out of the zone, which can burn his team from time to time. Any team with the hopes of making a deep playoff run needs players committed to playing in all three zones, and Boeser has shown inconsistency on the defensive side of the puck."

Link:

Which team will bet on Canucks’ Brock Boeser? (msn.com)

You also conveniently left out these parts of this article

image.thumb.png.808924ced5ae18c7388b0a468afc1e8f.png

image.thumb.png.6dbd4f3a75b8f9f72b6d9eba7e37451f.png

Don't cherrypick parts of the article to support your bias. That's now how things work.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1