The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat comments regarding Trade

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

1 hour ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

word is that our management didnt even try and leverage the Islanders offer on other teams to try and get a better deal

And what is a better deal?  We got a great prospect.  We got a super great first.  Bauvillier is a nothing burger.  But Raty and that first a fantastic.  So what would be better?  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

And what is a better deal?  We got a great prospect.  We got a super great first.  Bauvillier is a nothing burger.  But Raty and that first a fantastic.  So what would be better?  

We got a guy that was at the spa with his wife when he found out he was traded, I dunno, maybe I’m old but guys that go to the spa with their wives to me seem like powderpuffs.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 6YPE said:

Bo was offered a contract from what I understand was around the 7.5 mill per year, he turned it down so he chose to leave. There is no way in hell this management group should be giving him anymore than $7.5M. Everyone says how great a captain he is but I simply don't see it. 

This. 

Good player, good guy,

Good captain off the ice in the community, not a good captain on the ice in a leadership role.

Team culture, toughness, pushback and "brotherhood" so to speak was nonexistent during his tenure.

New management came in, took the emotion out of it and saw this right away. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Wise Guy said:

We got a guy that was at the spa with his wife when he found out he was traded, I dunno, maybe I’m old but guys that go to the spa with their wives to me seem like powderpuffs.

Jeeze man.. I'm all for calling people out for stupid stuff... But this is just ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with getting a massage once in a while. Especially if your a pro athlete whose paycheck depends on your bodies performance day in and day out.

It's not like he was in there getting his hole bleached. Relax

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Wise Guy said:

What's a powderpuff, exactly? Please explain.

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

We won the trade.  Hopefully the Islanders finish bottom 12, so we get their first next year (unprotected) because it’s going to be top 5.  Bo will be the player he has been for his career.  

You are such a homer...the team has been a huge disappointment since 2012. 

The ownership is a major issue. Remember back around 2010 - 2012 when they were going to hire the mental coach out Europe (I think he worked for a major soccer club at the time) and then when he sold his home, and picked up everything to move the Aquilini's literally bailed on the deal. I believe it went to court too. 

There's also been other seriously unethical cases made against them. There's been two constants for the last decade, one is the team has been no good, the other is that the Aquilini's are unethical, almost criminal owners with a track record to match. 

12 hours ago, EdgarM said:

"As TFP’s Irfaan Gaffar reported last month, the Canucks presented Horvat with a seven-year offer in late-November or early-December. That deal, which is believed to have been worth under $7.5 million per season, was rejected by Horvat"

The original reporting on the offer was that it was close to but under $50 million total. Ifraan reported it assuming that it was a 7 year offer but Dhali reported that the contract was in the mid 6's (indicating he thought it was an 8 year offer).

19 hours ago, Provost said:

I think it is pretty clear that just like they made it clear they didn't want Boudreau, they didn't want Horvat as Captain and wanted to change the culture.  They didn't play hardball with Miller like they did with Bo.

It is a lot easier to just trade him like this than strip the C from him.

I don't necessarily disagree with the move if they were making wholesale changes, but in conjunction with the Miller signing it seems ill advised.  Bo is younger, a centre, and more valuable overall during the whole course of a next contract.  In context of us not being competitive for the next couple years, Bo makes more sense out of the two.

Well the plans were sealed last summer. 
it has been quite evident the entire season, that once they signed Miller based on his play that season, Bo would be gone, if results didn't improve. 

They didn't, so he is gone. 

Lets be real here, we all (or at least most of us) loved Bo, but to sign him to an 8M contract would not change much, and we can all agree that somethings have to change....now! 

Will they live to regret it? Maybe, but Bo's fate was sealed the day Miller signed his 8M contract. 

All the best to Bo, and lets built a grittier feistier team that can actually compete and get us into the play offs again. 
It'll take a few years to turn it around, and especially get rid of some of the cap, but changes were/are needed. 

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Wise Guy said:

Compared with Räty doing spa finnish style I think you would powderpuff your way home.

This is a saunacompetition in Finland.

How long do you think you would last in that heat? 

Fast forward to when they are in the sauna. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Compared with Räty doing spa finnish style I think you would powderpuff your way home.

This is a saunacompetition in Finland.

How long do you think you would last in that heat? 

Fast forward to when they are in the sauna. 

Have met some Fins and Russians in the sauna.   They don't even find it hot until it's over 100 celsius.    Think about that for a minute.   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Where did you hear that he was being offered 5 in the summer?  

Multiple reports 

here’s one that I found.

signed miller then insulted the captain with a pay cut. Lol

i believe he was done with the club right then. Oh well atleast we got our next OEL level bad contract locked up for 7 more years. 

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-canucks-horvat-trade-stalled-contract-talks-222558016.html

17 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Have met some Fins and Russians in the sauna.   They don't even find it hot until it's over 100 celsius.    Think about that for a minute.   

And this is next step after the sauna.

Drinking vodka before sauna isn’t any good but afterwards taking a cold bath is really good.

This guy is norwegian but he could have been a fin or russian.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

Multiple reports 

here’s one that I found.

signed miller then insulted the captain with a pay cut. Lol

i believe he was done with the club right then. Oh well atleast we got our next OEL level bad contract locked up for 7 more years. 

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-canucks-horvat-trade-stalled-contract-talks-222558016.html

Much rather have Miller at 8 on the cap than Bo.  Our owner should have allowed the trade of both, of course, but (if we had to keep one) then clearly Miller is the better choice.