The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

With Kuzmenko and potentially Podkolzin on the team next year, he should feel comfortable around here. 

I was waiting for this nugget.  It's tricky for him to come back here.  On one hand I recall reading that he missed home.  On the other hand I recall him complaining about how he was used by the coaches.  The latter breaches trust and that's tough to repair.  As much as a free asset would be desirable, I can't see them wanting him here.

doubt he comes to vancouver and probably a contender, but he probably thinks he's worth more than he is and re-sign in the KHL once he finds that out.

edit: if it isnt alot and plays on the 3rd pairing im good with it.

Edited by TNucks1

4 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Not disagreeing with you at all but I am curious.  In your estimation how many "NHL quality" coaches are currently employed as head coaches in this league? 

I'd say the only guys who clearly don't belong are Eakins, Tourigny, Larsen, Woodcroft, and Tocchett.   No one in their right mind looks at the gross incompetence shown by WD and considers hiring that idiot.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I was waiting for this nugget.  It's tricky for him to come back here.  On one hand I recall reading that he missed home.  On the other hand I recall him complaining about how he was used by the coaches.  The latter breaches trust and that's tough to repair.  As much as a free asset would be desirable, I can't see them wanting him here.

We have new management and new coaches now.  Also, I forgot to mention that we also have Sergei Gonchar.  Gonchar is a legend in Russia.  Imagine if Tryamkin had Gonchar as his defensive coach?  Not saying he will come to Vancouver, but if the offer is there I don't see why he wouldn't want to come back.  At least he knows the city...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd say the only guys who clearly don't belong are Eakins, Tourigny, Larsen, Woodcroft, and Tocchett.   No one in their right mind looks at the gross incompetence shown by WD and considers hiring that idiot.

I wanted the team to tank during that time so I didn't care all that much either way about WD.  Shrugged my shoulders when he was hired and shrugged them again when he was fired.  

31 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

The timeline doesn't make sense to me....COVID didn't hit until 2020. 

It was the two times after that three year KHL contract expired when he was actually free to sign with the Canucks. (2017 plus 3 years = 2020).

He publicly stated in 2020 playing in Vancouver was his top choice.  The Canucks wouldn’t give him a contract offer since they didn’t know what was happening with the league that year and if they were playing games.  

His camp was waiting for a contract until the very last minute and ended up signing a one year deal in mid July 2020, even waiting until

after KHL training camp started and that certainly cost him money as they had their rosters set.

https://theathletic.com/1933059/2020/07/16/why-the-narrative-around-nikita-tryamkin-and-the-canucks-is-wrong/?amp=1

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Not you. 

Tryamkin and his agent Niel Diamond or whatever. Just when I thought the Tryamkin saga was finally over. 

Just when you thought the soap opera that is this season was over another twist appears

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Didn’t Willie D force Tryamkin to watch Pronger (being nasty) videos and want Tree to play like that?  

Oh my gosh! So this just came to mind. You know when you read something and then past things pop into your mind?

Years ago - I don't remember which year he came to Vancouver, but the Canucks were not doing so well, and someone at work - a Bruins fan, asked me what the Canucks were doing about their poor performance. Him not even expecting me to say anything or some one sentence answer or two, I got excited, and was like - Nikita Tryamkin! He's in the air right now on his way to Vancouver! And he was on an airplane to Vancouver when I was telling my co-worker (the Bruins fan) about what the Canucks were doing! 

I remember this story because it was funny! 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

It was the two times after that three year KHL contract expired when he was actually free to sign with the Canucks. (2017 plus 3 years = 2020).

He publicly stated in 2020 playing in Vancouver was his top choice.  The Canucks wouldn’t give him a contract offer since they didn’t know what was happening with the league that year and if they were playing games.  

His camp was waiting for a contract until the very last minute and ended up signing a one year deal in mid July 2020 right when KHL training camp was starting.  

So he bolted then HE decided he wanted to come back and we didn't just jump at that?

I'm ok with it.

And we're always complaining about the team just handing out contracts...so they were being prudent and wanted to assess things. And that's bad?

He's turning 29 this year...same age that JT is.  People SCREAMED about being too old...so let's factor that in. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

1 hour ago, Roberts said:

I don't understand the hype around him. Tall doesn't mean good.

image.png.42435cb25870b8776aea19c0a804a3e9.png

The only time he was really good was after the Canucks forced him not to be fat and lazy.

After steady NHL conditioning, he was a force his first year back in the KHL. But then he got fat and lazy again.

Edited by D-Money
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I hope he goes to another NHL team just to really drive people nuts 

It'd be funny, folks pine for him for years and then he comes back and signs with like Tampa or Washington or something 

Or Edmonton, Calgary, Seattle, LA perhaps

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1