The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

Just my opinion,

But to say that a 21 year old rookie to us is not an NHL’r in his short time here,

Is saying Willie Desjardins was an outstanding Coach in the NHL , and the management we had at that time was completely balanced.

Id put more weight on Tryamkin being able to be an NHL player at any point in time, given the fair opportunities of proper handling.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, aqua59 said:

Based on what information? Me watching him and Willy D for a season, it was a failure. Also he was unwilling to go to the farm. In my eyes that's un coachable. 

Just my view. 

It was in his contract to not be sent down. Maybe his agent is uncoachable. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 5/25/2023 at 12:16 PM, SilentSam said:

Just my opinion,

But to say that a 21 year old rookie to us is not an NHL’r in his short time here,

Is saying Willie Desjardins was an outstanding Coach in the NHL , and the management we had at that time was completely balanced.

Id put more weight on Tryamkin being able to be an NHL player at any point in time, given the fair opportunities of proper handling.

Glad you can read that's what I said my opinion was. 

6 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

Glad you can read that's what I said my opinion was. 

Here?

On 5/25/2023 at 9:03 AM, aqua59 said:

Based on what information? Me watching him and Willy D for a season, it was a failure. Also he was unwilling to go to the farm. In my eyes that's un coachable. 

Just my view. 

or here?

On 5/25/2023 at 9:04 AM, aqua59 said:

We'll see. I think his lingo would include a good kick in the ego.

• Like 1

Tryamkin seems to be the cheapest addition to the bottom pairing. No draft picks need to be spent or trading down. No assets need to be traded for him. It makes sense to work something out and review in a year or two when we have more cap space. Providing PA can work out something with Diamond. 

• Cheers 1

On 2/2/2023 at 4:47 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Damn you Vinny! Teasing like this! Omg I still remember the Dallas game, THAT was classic!

Brashear was the only player we ever had that could throw other full grown big men around like ragdolls.. 

Omg I don't remember being so happy about a player since Bure, and Dallas got it with our then Russian to the jaw of Churla, mother of all elbows, I bet Dallas fans hate us to this day lol from that and Tryamkin. 

But having players with that attitude PLUS being 6'7, Tryamkin and other size upgrades, it would be nice for a change to see a bigger team that could hold its own in a slugfest playoffs to Stanley, could we do that now? Hardly! Let's not kid ourselves, we have nor the size, nor depth but that could change, IF RT has his say in it and I believe he has something of a influence. 

Actually 2-3 more guys with size and a RT attitude when he used to be on the ice is exactly what we need and the more the better.. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Try already came to Vancouver, and didn’t like it. Why…of all 32 cities/teams…would he come back here?

Look who was at the helm back then opposed to now... Completely different team and management/coaching... 

On 5/27/2023 at 10:59 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin seems to be the cheapest addition to the bottom pairing. No draft picks need to be spent or trading down. No assets need to be traded for him. It makes sense to work something out and review in a year or two when we have more cap space. Providing PA can work out something with Diamond. 

Question is if Tryamkin is even good anymore? Or are we hyping him based on one of his hits 7 years ago??

On 2/2/2023 at 5:25 PM, Coconuts said:

I hope he goes to another NHL team just to really drive people nuts 

It'd be funny, folks pine for him for years and then he comes back and signs with like Tampa or Washington or something 

He wouldn't affect me or drive me nuts. He is not that good, so he can go ahead and sign elsewhere. We need a speedy dman not another Myers.

4 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

Question is if Tryamkin is even good anymore? Or are we hyping him based on one of his hits 7 years ago??

He's been a mainstay in the KHL these past few seasons. He's been first unit pk, he's regularly a league all star. He's been Auto's go to leader on and off the ice. His passion for fitness is there, learned from his time with the twins here. I would say he'd be up for the challenge for another go at the NHL. He's a competitor and was proud to wear the Canucks jersey. It's still on his Instagram profile. 

How is this still a topic of discussion?  He played ok here, our coach and management screwed up so bad that he left for Russia until he is no longer obligated to play in Vancouver. If he is willing to sign for cheap or better yet accept a PTO at camp then you take a chance. He is 28 years old, 6’7” and a defensive defenceman. In the last three years in the KHL he played 169 games, scored 7g, 28a for 35 points. My ho eat opinion is that he is a 6-7 dman on a good team. He could fit in great here or he could flop. Someone is going to throw too much money at him because of his size. If they do…walk away. If he wants a team that can give him a real role, minutes beyond what he likely deserves beside a guy like Hronek or Hughes and the large russian factor we have going for us on the ice and Gonchar too then he should consider a discount. If he wants top dollar, guaranteed status and sub par effort then he should consider the Leafs. 

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Will this thread die if he signs elsewhere or will we speak about him forever like we did with Koltsov?

Probably not. He played his last game in Vancouver what, 6 years ago? And some people are still obsessed with him. 

• There it is 2

15 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Look who was at the helm back then opposed to now... Completely different team and management/coaching... 

He specifically had issues with the city on top of everything about the organization.

There is such. Addict, that’s really it. Everyone smokes grass everywhere. The city is all in smoke. There is still a street – I do not remember what is called. So there even in a car it’s scary to go. A lot of bad guys. They can not stand on their feet, but they still smoke without stopping. There is such chaos – a really devastated street. 

They smoke everywhere. There is not something that smells of grass – it stinks, everywhere is stinking. Okay this drug street, where these guys settle, but in downtown, in the center of the city stank the same. We lived on the tenth floor – even there, it used to smell. This is how much you need to smoke? It seems to me, it was possible to stick the receiver out of the window and inhale”.

So based off some of his comments back in Russia, he wasn't a big fan of the life style here in Vancouver. Even if this leadership has changed at the helm, what does that matter? He has no loyaility or past relationship with our current regime. 

We'll see if he even comes to the NHL. Wouldn't be shocked if this is another play to get a bigger contract in the K, just like last time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

He specifically had issues with the city on top of everything about the organization.

There is such. Addict, that’s really it. Everyone smokes grass everywhere. The city is all in smoke. There is still a street – I do not remember what is called. So there even in a car it’s scary to go. A lot of bad guys. They can not stand on their feet, but they still smoke without stopping. There is such chaos – a really devastated street. 

They smoke everywhere. There is not something that smells of grass – it stinks, everywhere is stinking. Okay this drug street, where these guys settle, but in downtown, in the center of the city stank the same. We lived on the tenth floor – even there, it used to smell. This is how much you need to smoke? It seems to me, it was possible to stick the receiver out of the window and inhale”.

So based off some of his comments back in Russia, he wasn't a big fan of the life style here in Vancouver. Even if this leadership has changed at the helm, what does that matter? He has no loyaility or past relationship with our current regime. 

We'll see if he even comes to the NHL. Wouldn't be shocked if this is another play to get a bigger contract in the K, just like last time.

Well in a sense I feel for him, I've walked into a cloud of weed smoke before around a corner heading out to dinner and ended up reeking like weed, I wasn't impressed.. not to mention pissed off and I've seen people continue to walk down the street with little kids right in front of them. Smoke weed? Cool whatever BUT be cool about it ffs! 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1