The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

103.2mph Hardest shot in NHL * Elias Petterson*

Rate this topic

1stLiner

7 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

He certainly spanked it hard!

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

SO hard it looks like he really bent his shaft; almost to the point of breaking. 

Talk about spanking it hard, I wonder if Alvin & "The Chipmunk Girls" are going to try their hardest to get an extension on him this summer?    He is a keeper (at least for now) and every effort should be made to get any contract BS out of the way in the off-season unlike the drama that played out with JTM and Bo.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • There it is 2

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Talk about spanking it hard, I wonder if Alvin & "The Chipmunk Girls" are going to try their hardest to get an extension on him this summer?    He is a keeper (at least for now) and every effort should be made to get any contract BS out of the way in the off-season unlike the drama that played out with JTM and Bo.

if you're going to be a misogynist, at least be clever about it and say "chickmunks".

ideally neither though. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Wonder how the team felt about him doing interviews in an Arc’Terix hat instead of a Canucks one. (Later interview, not the one posted above)
‘Hope the team can find a way to make him happy. Only indispensable player on this team. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Juice taught him everything he knows.... ;)

"I'll listen to whatever he says though"

He's a coach's dream. No ego...this kid absorbs everything he's being taught and simply puts in the work. Is constantly striving to be better instead of resting on being one of  the best. Which is why coaches shouldn't mess with him too much...that's a worry for me. That they try to tap into the Petey greatness by putting their stamp on it/him. Let him work his magic....use him as an extremely valuable tool that you're lucky to have. He will do the rest.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

"I'll listen to whatever he says" is not the same as "I'll do whatever he tells me to", just like how my boss says, "When I say that I'll think about it, it's not approval to proceed".  :bigblush:

Good point...I'm actually happy to hear that. He knows how to do what he does. No one else can tell him...they can just offer pointers that he can try (or not).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Thing is, Petey stands out like a sore thumb because he's so humble and all business. In an event like this gong show, I'm so glad he just put an exclamation mark on that.

This league doesn't deserve him. They fall all over McDavid and Ovi but Petey's moving up the ranks and they better start paying attention. He'll secretly steal their show and they don't even notice. 

Super proud of our boy, who's all grow'd up now! Continue to shine, Petey...we notice.

I'm so glad Juice interviewed him....Canuck to Canuck. 

I think Pettersson is fantastic but he'll have a harder time stacking up to McDavid than the Sedins did managing to beat Crosby and Ovechkin for a year each.  McDavid is the most dominant point producer I've seen since Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky and it's really not even close.

I think Pettersson is like Hughes.  If they hit their peak at just the right moment, the way Henrik and Daniel did for a year each, they might walk away with an Art Ross or a Norris before it's all over.

But I think he'll be fortunate if he manages to be the Denis Savard or Dale Hawerchuk of this era.  McDavid already has his spot at the top claimed and the only thing that is unseating him is injury.  But hey, happened to Orr and Lemieux and damn near Crosby too.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I think Pettersson is fantastic but he'll have a harder time stacking up to McDavid than the Sedins did managing to beat Crosby and Ovechkin for a year each.  McDavid is the most dominant point producer I've seen since Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky and it's really not even close.

I think Pettersson is like Hughes.  If they hit their peak at just the right moment, the way Henrik and Daniel did for a year each, they might walk away with an Art Ross or a Norris before it's all over.

But I think he'll be fortunate if he manages to be the Denis Savard or Dale Hawerchuk of this era.  McDavid already has his spot at the top claimed and the only thing that is unseating him is injury.  But hey, happened to Orr and Lemieux and damn near Crosby too.

I'm talking more in relation to this event and how much air time they get in general. It's overkill. We get it, we know. "I think Pettersson is fantastic but" and he won his event. That's relevant.

For this event, Petey did something only 3 other forwards have done. That deserves a bit more focus than McDavid and Ovi losing their events. 

Anyhow, I don't care...this entire show was a milk hotdog. I only watched to see Petey and he didn't disappoint. 

329050332_1145971952785083_1277832863677

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

This show embodies all that CDC is.

It could be our promo video.

Actually....the All Star Skills wasn't a gong show....the Gong Show was miles better.

That's true Deb but the sub plot is even deeper. Behind the scenes Burris is a CIA wanabee. Fits CDC so well. Great aspirations, frustrated talent and a scattered approach. :) 

45 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm talking more in relation to this event and how much air time they get in general. It's overkill. We get it, we know. "I think Pettersson is fantastic but" and he won his event. That's relevant.

For this event, Petey did something only 3 other forwards have done. That deserves a bit more focus than McDavid and Ovi losing their events. 

Anyhow, I don't care...this entire show was a milk hotdog. I only watched to see Petey and he didn't disappoint. 

329050332_1145971952785083_1277832863677

I'm happy for Pettersson and think he's going to be great in the future but I also promise that if he weren't a Canuck, very few people around here would care about him as a player who had never broken 70 points before this year (and of course I'm giving him credit in advance for doing so with room to spare this year).  I think he will do very well for himself if he becomes something like the Denis Savard of this era...and I think that is still very optimistic based on what we have seen to date.  Based on past performance becoming the Bernie Federko is optimistic.  I hope he keeps improving and surpasses both standards...but it's going to take a lot of good years and more continued improvement.

I've seen a lot of hockey.  I imagine you have too.  Just a handful years ago everybody was pumped up about All Star MVP Boeser.

I hope Pettersson blows my predictions out of the water.  But over the years I have also seen Jason King, Troy Gamble, Corey Hirsch, etc.

23 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I'm happy for Pettersson and think he's going to be great in the future but I also promise that if he weren't a Canuck, very few people around here would care about him as a player who had never broken 70 points before this year (and of course I'm giving him credit in advance for doing so with room to spare this year).  I think he will do very well for himself if he becomes something like the Denis Savard of this era...and I think that is still very optimistic based on what we have seen to date.  Based on past performance becoming the Bernie Federko is optimistic.  I hope he keeps improving and surpasses both standards...but it's going to take a lot of good years and more continued improvement.

I've seen a lot of hockey.  I imagine you have too.  Just a handful years ago everybody was pumped up about All Star MVP Boeser.

I hope Pettersson blows my predictions out of the water.  But over the years I have also seen Jason King, Troy Gamble, Corey Hirsch, etc.

He is a Canuck though and you've actually helped make my point with your first line. Others don't care about him but perhaps it's time they should take notice?

The players you've named to somehow tie in to him? Not sure you've managed to do so. 

He's never broken 70 points but was injured.

Watch him this year, then we'll see. With a roster that's barely supported him, he's over a ppg so we'll revisit this.