The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Vasily Podkolzin, Nils Aman, Phillip Di Giuseppe

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I hope they just leave Hoglander in Abbotsford for the rest of the season, let him build his confidence in a positive environment and have him go on a playoff run that he won't get in Vancouver 

We could see where he's after a summer of training at next season's camp 

May as well.  Sounds like the next time we call him up we won't get away with sending him back down.  I guess maybe bring him up for the last 10 games or something if he isn't in the thick of something important in Abbotsford.

22 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Sounds like somemore "trades" may be coming ..............soon!

Nah, they sent DiG and Pederson down to play during the all-star break, now calling the one they didn’t lose back, need a centre as well so Aman coming back up. 
Really would prefer Aman and Podz to stay down as well but Podz was bound to get called up sooner than later. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

May as well.  Sounds like the next time we call him up we won't get away with sending him back down.  I guess maybe bring him up for the last 10 games or something if he isn't in the thick of something important in Abbotsford.

I wouldn't call him up at all, we're almost out of runway with Hoglander, next season it'll be do or die regarding whether he sticks with the team or not because if he ever hits waivers next season he'll almost certainly be taken by someone 

Dude has tons of skill, just hasn't put it all together yet, a squad like Montreal, Ottawa, Arizona, and so on could grab him 

Just leave him in a positive environment and let him have success with what looks to be a playoff bound squad, we can look at other prospects in the meantime 

• Cheers 1