The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Vasily Podkolzin, Nils Aman, Phillip Di Giuseppe

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Lets see.. I dont hate it.

Aman at least is far too good for the AHL. He didn't look out of place up here at all. 

Podkolzin im more keen to see him stay down. 

Aman sure, I’m not as worried about him. He seems capable of playing the role they want him too.

Podkolzin I’m more worried about. The guy seems to be really hard on himself. Last thing we need is him coming up while the team continues to struggle and having his confidence further hurt.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  Boudreau had Podkolzin on the 4th line at times.  I'd rather have him on the top line in Abby.  If Tocchet puts him with Petey and Kuzy then I'm okay with him on the big club.  However, if he is going to be just a warm body on the 4th line then it's a waste to have him up here.  They should also let Podkolzin kill penalties as well.

Agreed, Woo should also get a shot at PK if he's brought up for a look, and Klimovich should get looks on the PP if he comes up 

I'm already on team tank, I don't care if we're losing games because a prospect messes up 

I reckon we'll probably be a fringe playoff team at best next season, if we lose while putting young players in positions to succeed I'm fine with losing that way next season too

No more bringing in roadblocks for players we've got in the system, depth is fine but I'd rather the organization lean towards giving homegrown guys a shot 

It's not like we're a contender and the margin is razer thin, we have the flex to give prospects breathing room given where we're at as an organization 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Aman sure, I’m not as worried about him. He seems capable of playing the role they want him too.

Podkolzin I’m more worried about. The guy seems to be really hard on himself. Last thing we need is him coming up while the team continues to struggle and having his confidence further hurt.

Podz should do well under tocchet though id think

Podz plays hard, forechecks, hits. Tocch is going to really like him, and will let him know. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 3

Just now, eeeeergh said:

Podz should do well under tocchet though id think

Podz plays hard, forechecks, hits. Tocch is going to really like him, and will let him know. 

Sure. All those things are staples in his game.

He wants to score though, and we need him to develop that part of his game more.

I think he was just starting to put it together offensively down on the farm. This is premature to call him up IMO. 

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Mmmm, mixed feelings. Abbotsford has a good thing going, it'll be interesting to see how they utilize Podz but I'd rather they have left him in Abbotsford and kept him away from this mess for the remainder of the season. He'd get top six ice time, special teams roles, and likely more ice time in general over in Abbotsford, if they aren't going to put him in positions to succeed in Vancouver I hope they send him back to Abbotsford at some point.

We'll see how this plays out. Maybe we've more trades on the way sooner than later. 

They don't play again until Friday........might have something to do with that.  That's a huge blow to Abby though

• Cheers 1

Wonder when we'll see Hoglander back with the big club?  As a pending RFA, unless they really think he needs more marinating down there, I think they should bring him up (Di Giuseppe would be useful but unless some other team wants him as a playoff add we should focus on developing the kids than giving career tweeners a shot).

I hope Podkolzin can take the chance and run with it; as for Aman he better have his head on a swivel since (at least I'm hoping) Raty could have a good part of the season and get a call-up, and he'll have to fend off Studnicka/ Lazar/ Joshua for those 4th line minutes.

3 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Wonder when we'll see Hoglander back with the big club?  As a pending RFA, unless they really think he needs more marinating down there, I think they should bring him up (Di Giuseppe would be useful but unless some other team wants him as a playoff add we should focus on developing the kids than giving career tweeners a shot).

I hope Podkolzin can take the chance and run with it; as for Aman he better have his head on a swivel since (at least I'm hoping) Raty could have a good part of the season and get a call-up, and he'll have to fend off Studnicka/ Lazar/ Joshua for those 4th line minutes.

• Thanks 1