The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Islanders re-sign Bo Horvat

Huh, gotta wonder if that means they view him more as their long-term 1C and have decided Barzal is more of a top six wing 

That would make sense, Barzal isn't terribly strong on the draws and is more of a puck distributor anyway 

Lot of coin though, good for him 

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

That’s just it…..his own gm is like wtf! People here want to b**** & complain about not keeping him, but this is way too much!! 

Given all we’ve heard the last year(ish), part of me feels he wanted to move on. 

And, to be clear, I’m not Knocking Bo…he’s one of my favourite players. Have his jersey and all of that. 

I just wonder who pressured Lou to give that contract? 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, billabong said:

Great player but remove the last calendar year and he’s 50-60 point guy 

Not a 8m guy 

I think he's shown that he's more of a 55-65 point guy, along with solid defense and great leadership skills. There's a case to be made that he's actually improved and could be more of a 60-70 point guy for the next two or so years.

All that said, I'm still not certain he's worth that money. Eight years for that much dough is a lot.

• Cheers 1

Good for Bo. Deserves every dollar he gets in that deal. Outstanding human beimg and player. 

Securing his family's future and perhaps a few generations. He will get a good opportunity in Long Island to compete in next few years. 

NYI clearly showed they wanted him and is choosing to honor that. Management clearly didnt make him a priority. 

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Huh, gotta wonder if that means they view him more as their long-term 1C and have decided Barzal is more of a top six wing 

That would make sense, Barzal isn't terribly strong on the draws and is more of a puck distributor anyway 

Lot of coin though, good for him 

Every Islanders reporter is suggesting that from what ive seen. Insane commitment prior to ever seeing if the chemistry is there though lmao 

• Cheers 3