The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Rutherford Believed To Want Out Of Vancouver

Rate this topic

fivethej

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

It feels like Toronto and it’s media outlets keep trying to sabotage us. First Elliotte Friedman prematurely announces our new coach, making Canucks look bad for keeping Bruce while waiting for Rick to finish tying up loose ends with his current employment, then Sportsnet and other Toronto media shame us on it like we’re the worst club ever, when this kind of thing happens all the time (but not necessarily a media outlet announcing private info about an incoming coach so early), and now a Toronto media outlet says our GM wants out. They like to stir it up out east with no repercussions for them.

It sure looks like Canucks fans like to give money to Toronto through advertising when they swallow all the baits. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

So called insiders from all markets are trying everything to destabilize this franchise.

Pretty much any blogger with a small following is being used as a source now. Speculation is now considered fact.

Sad state we’re in.

This has been happening in Vancouver media for a LONG time. Most recently was Quinn Hughes and COVID.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, stawns said:

I'd love to see the twins take over.

Eventually maybe.   They are just getting their feet wet - and would hope they at least get an MBA first.   Running a billion dollar franchise without any higher education never made a lot of sense to me. 

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Eventually maybe.   They are just getting their feet wet - and would hope they at least get an MBA first.   Running a billion dollar franchise without any higher education never made a lot of sense to me. 

Ex players do it all the time.  If there's any two people I'd think could do it, it's them.  

17 hours ago, Timråfan said:

No, why should I?

I don’t see any wrongdoing regarding BB and that had been the talk of the town a long time only because of what’s been written about it in media.

It’s just pathetic that fans go for that shat.

hahah

I guess you didn't watch the JR interviews

JR sits in a chair, a mic appears, and sound bite emerge

why would media not pick up that gold tossed at their feet?

He has seemingly said it's too much of a mess to clean up, worse than he expected etc., but it'd be such a dirty move to make all these massive roster changes and then bounce. I think he stays another year and maybe leaves after that if we're not close to a playoff spot next year though.

28 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Maybe get Messier in here to run the team… good times around the corner!!

Messier needs three chances to solve the answer to what  is 2 + 2 =

There's a reason he's on the outside looking in, too many punches to the head

Edited by Fred65

15 hours ago, spur1 said:

Seems to me JR said when he signed on that he would only be here for a couple of years to transition the management team. 

Transition to what?  An inexperienced rookie Swedish GM and "The Chipmunk Girls"???   

Is this  Alvin And GIF - Alvin And The GIFs Aqua-Lini's ANSWER to more than a half century of losing?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1