The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Devils 4:30 pm Monday, Feb. 6/23

Rate this topic

-DLC-

3 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I still think that there's no point in playing at all, if we're not playing to win.  Let's see what a new coach and a few lineup changes can do.  Never say die.  Go Canucks Go!

Although I don't care whether we win or lose, I am finally looking forward to watching games again because I know the new identity of this team will begin to transform now. There is still a lot of work to do I know.

Looking forward to more full 60 minute games with players sticking up for each other. Maybe we get to see some actual body checks to boot. Good times ahead.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I was just quietly settling in to tank mode but I kind of really want the guys to start winning. To start forming their new "identity/culture" post Bo.

I'm confused.

Go Canucks Go....Petey is in beast mode so look out world.

Playing well with some close games and a mix of wins and losses should keep us in the bottom 10. I think our goaltending alone will ensure a few more losses than wins, which is fine since we know that a strong next season from Demko will fix those woes. 

I’m genuinely excited to watch this team start down a new path. Moving on from Bo was sad but I think necessary. I feel like the future is bright. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Playing well with some close games and a mix of wins and losses should keep us in the bottom 10. I think our goaltending alone will ensure a few more losses than wins, which is fine since we know that a strong next season from Demko will fix those woes. 

I’m genuinely excited to watch this team start down a new path. Moving on from Bo was sad but I think necessary. I feel like the future is bright. 

Moving on from Horvat wasn’t easy but it was the right move to start the retool. 

An NHL roster player, near NHL prospect, and a top 15 pick… that’s quite a return. 

Probability of hitting on all three assets is pretty high. 

22 minutes ago, jyu said:

Moving on from Horvat wasn’t easy but it was the right move to start the retool. 

An NHL roster player, near NHL prospect, and a top 15 pick… that’s quite a return. 

Probability of hitting on all three assets is pretty high. 

No, it's not and no, it's not.  No choice now though.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, mll said:

It’s really not that impressive of a lineup on paper. But obviously it works. 

I guess when you have Hughes and Hischier as your top two you can plug anyone in. Bratt was obviously found money for them as a 6th round pick. And Hamilton has just excelled there.

I see a lineup like that and it makes me think we’re only one high end center and some solid D men away though. 

Edited by DeNiro

Feels like the beginning of a new era with Petey and Hughes becoming alternate captains, Horvat no longer here, and a new coach with a unique and different philosophical approach since AV/Torts.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, hammertime said:

8.5m x 8 is too much mulah. We won this trade by land slide. That said I'm happy for bo and I hope he wins a cup there. Just not this year. 

Disagree........they screwed themselves in the summer and they're a worse team for it 

Moot point now

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2