The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Devils 4:30 pm Monday, Feb. 6/23

Rate this topic

-DLC-

I expect that with the Devils speed there will be a lot of dump outs and less controlled escapes.

Tocchet will have them circling the wagons earlier and just a quick dump out with a forward leaving a little early and then a dump and chase.

I think he might do a 1 - 3 - 1 forecheck trying to clog up the neutral zone but if NJD start a dump and chase then it will become a 1 -1 - 3. This is only if they can't get in the Ozone quick enough. In the Ozone it will be a 2 - 2 - 1 with the one dman a little deeper along the boards. Back checking will be a top priority but the Canucks will take penalties.

Both teams rested and mostly healthy

NJD win

Edited by ToTellTheTruth

49 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Less possession off the draw should equal more goals against in theory. 

That being said it’s ridiculous Bo was taking that many more draws than the other centers. These guys need to start learning how to win faceoffs. It’s a skill like anything else and both Miller and Petey need to get better at it to have success.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

with any luck, sans MIller in the next couple of weeks

I Hope Please GIF

That would be awesome. I don't think it's in their plans at all but you never know. If not we're stuck with him. If we are I guess we're all going to be comparing him and Bo in two years to see where they are at and who is helping their team more. I just hated the Miller signing but I if I force myself I can accept that's possible it still works to some degree.

Ah who am I kidding. He's useless until he figure out how to be a proper teammate and stop the dumb plays and giving up all the time.

• Vintage 1