The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks - Flames deadline deal

Lol if Flames would simplify and do Beauvillier for Lucic and a pick I'd probably say yes.  Seeing how he played in Long Island, I don't really have that much hope for AB, so if we can get out of the cap early and get a earlyish pick while getting a pending UFA in Lucic (who we could retain on and flip as some muscle for a contender's playoff run) that'd probably be a brilliant piece of business.  

• Cheers 2

Showed this to my friend who is a Flames fan. He says: "Don't need Schenn. Don't need AB. Looch is more valuable than the fans of other teams want to admit. He's a big part of the leadership here. Would love to have him back on league min. Our first this year is prob gonna be ~15. Not a terrible pick. And then Wolf is a young goalie but currently on pace to become an all star."

I think the wolf is a future all star is premature, but clearly Flames say no.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

34 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Lol if Flames would simplify and do Beauvillier for Lucic and a pick I'd probably say yes.  Seeing how he played in Long Island, I don't really have that much hope for AB, so if we can get out of the cap early and get a earlyish pick while getting a pending UFA in Lucic (who we could retain on and flip as some muscle for a contender's playoff run) that'd probably be a brilliant piece of business.  

Flames would want Schenn for depth in the trade 

If Calgary's paying to move out Lucic they'll probably be wanting someone with a better track record of producing top six level offense. Projections or not, Beauvillier doesn't have that track record. 

Retain 1M on Boeser and throw him in the deal instead and you might have more of a match imo. 

I also question whether they'd be willing to part with assets for Schenn when they're already pretty solid on RD. If they really wanted to upgrade their 6-7 slot they could probably find a depth option who wouldn't cost as much. 

I'm also not really interested in moving Woo, this season is lost so I'd prefer to bring him up at some point and give him some rope in order to see where he's at. 

If Lucic was willing to waive for Vancouver I'd do.. 

To Calgary 

Boeser (1M retained for the duration of his deal)

To Vancouver

Lucic 

1st in 2023 or 2024

If we were to send Beauvillier in the same deal I'd probably be willing to take a 2023 or 2024 2nd instead of a 1st, maybe even a 3rd given how much cap space it'd free up 

Edited by Coconuts

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If Calgary's paying to move out Lucic they'll probably be wanting someone with a better track record of producing top six level offense. Projections or not, Beauvillier doesn't have that track record. 

Retain 1M on Boeser and throw him in the deal instead and you might have more of a match imo. 

I also question whether they'd be willing to part with assets for Schenn when they're already pretty solid on RD. If they really wanted to upgrade their 6-7 slot they could probably find a depth option who wouldn't cost as much. 

I'm also not really interested in moving Woo, this season is lost so I'd prefer to bring him up at some point and give him some rope in order to see where he's at. 

To Calgary 

To Vancouver

Lucic 

1st in 2023 or 2024

If we were to send Beauvillier in the same deal I'd probably be willing to take a 2023 or 2024 2nd instead of a 1st, maybe even a 3rd given how much cap space it'd free up 

in the playoffs he does 

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

To Calgary 

To Vancouver

Lucic 

1st in 2023 or 2024

CapFriendly shows them with 1.3M in cap space and a roster of 19 next season.  The Huberdeau and Weegar extension kick in next year.   They simply don't have the cap space to add a contract like Boeser's.  

Have to factor in UFA vs term.  Cap space around the league continues to be pretty tight and not many teams can just add a contract like Boeser's for next season without themselves clearing cap.  Trading a player with term for an upcoming UFA doesn't work for quite some teams.  Same issue with every Dumba for Boeser proposal btw.

• Cheers 2