The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Miller to VGK

Vegas has to win now, they don't have much coming up the pipe, which means they don't really have to give anyone raises. Lehner may be done for his career which would free up extra $$ and with Stone on LTIR, Miller's contract this season would also let Vegas add a couple more assets to go on a run. They're in win now mode, and Miller would fit perfectly with them. 

To: Vegas
JT Miller

To: Vancouver
Kaeden Korczak
Brett Howden
VGK 2023 1st round pick

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

We should ask for either Stephenson (better center replacement) OR Roy (lesser C replacement) + a center prospect, plus Korczak and a 1st.

Time to fully charge that divisional tax.

I agree  a centre has to come back..This deal will never happen unless Vancouver take back 8 million in cap?

Vegas is up against and over cap...

Kane will be a player Vegas trade for.

13 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I agree  a centre has to come back..This deal will never happen unless Vancouver take back 8 million in cap?

Vegas is up against and over cap...

Kane will be a player Vegas trade for.

Ooh, Whitecloud, Kolesar (cap dump) and Stephenson + 1st then.  Replacement C, young depth D, cap dump 4th liner and late 1st.

I never thought they'd consider trading Miller, but after seeing that beach interview with Friedman and Pettersson, he kind of commented that Miller can be a hothead, and it really seemed like Pettersson was choosing his words very carefully.

Maybe JR would trade Miller and bring in better team mates for Petey and Hughes, etc? I know Tocchet is going to try and rein Miler in and teach him to control his emotions, but I wonder if he or anyone can. I like the trade idea to send him to Vegas, because it makes sense. As for the return, I'd be fine with that too. Canucks would still have to bring in a #2C. 

Lots of Demko rumours lately too, and if they trade Demko, then they could also trade Miller and the rebuild would be on. 

More Draft picks and prospects please

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

It had better be a hell of alot more than that!

It's a cap world. I don't know if we could get a lot more than that to be honest.

Although, if I were management, I would ask for the 2024 1st round pick just because of how volatile Vegas could be with the way they trade only to have to remove cap. They could easily be lower in the standings next year as a result of that; thus, 2024 the pick being better.

Vegas is definately one of those teams I could see going for him though, just because they're always seemingly making those kind of splashes.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It's a cap world. I don't know if we could get a lot more than that to be honest.

Although, if I were management, I would ask for the 2024 1st round pick just because of how volatile Vegas could be with the way they trade only to have to remove cap. They could easily be lower in the standings next year as a result of that; thus, 2024 the pick being better.

Vegas is definately one of those teams I could see going for him though, just because they're always seemingly making those kind of splashes.

Fair enough, but I think there are teams out there looking for a Miller, even at his cap

Pittsburg, Washington and Boston come to mind, because they have old rosters, and are basically in a win now mode, some have cap space some do not, but it is their problem to clear cap space, not ours. All 3 are used to paying older players.

Edited by J.I.A.H.N

Miller + Schenn for Hague + Cormier + 1st

Cormier is a former 3rd rounder, currently 20 year old relatively average sized LD playing in the AHL in his first year with 24 points in 41 games. Risky, may just end up being another Jet Woo, but could have some potential.

Hague is a big, strong, physical LD, 24 playing on their bottom pairing basically logging 5th defenceman minutes. We have to replace his minutes with Schenn.

Doesn't seem like much coming back but taking a massive 8M cap extension brings us so much flexibility moving forward for cap dumps for picks.