The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday February 8 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ New York Rangers - 5pm PT/8pm ET - MSG

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Doesn't that mean ever upwards?

Isn't that the opposite of tanking?

In tank language it means “upwards with the tank!”  

I speak tank…aka Tankanese. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gee I wonder if Panarin will score…

Hard to say. If we were playing at home, I’d say it was nearly guaranteed Panarin gets goal #200.

Has a visiting player ever failed to achieve a milestone on Vancouver’s ice? I’m surprised LeBron didn’t magically teleport to Rogers Arena last night when he passed Kareem. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maginator said:

Here's a question for you all..

Will JT Miller hit 1000 points by the end of his career?

If the season were to end today JT would need to put up an average of 71 points per year for the duration of his 7 year contract to hit 1000. Can he do it?

Not a chance in hell.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Canucks have 6.5% at #7.

If the team falls below San Jose and Montreal we go to 8.5%

Is Drance saying we're going to finish 9th? (5.0%)?

I’m gonna assume that “model” weights strength of schedule and all that.

If not it’s pretty meaningless.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Canucks have 6.5% at #7.

If the team falls below San Jose and Montreal we go to 8.5%

Is Drance saying we're going to finish 9th? (5.0%)?

I know everyone is really hoping we get number 5 or 6, myself included but there is a real chance it could be 8 or 9. We are currently 7. I don't think we'll slip further than that but it will be hard to out tank the top 6. Then there is a real possibility someone below us wins the lottery. It could happen twice. I'm kind of going with 8th as the spot we will get. Hopefully nothing lower and anything better will be icing on the cake. We gotta nail these two picks.

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I know everyone is really hoping we get number 5 or 6, myself included but there is a real chance it could be 8 or 9. We are currently 7. I don't think we'll slip further than that but it will be hard to out tank the top 6. Then there is a real possibility someone below us wins the lottery. It could happen twice. I'm kind of going with 8th as the spot we will get. Hopefully nothing lower and anything better will be icing on the cake. We gotta nail these two picks.

Only 4 points up on the Ducks with 3 games against them still.

It’s still possible we finish bottom 3/4 if management takes the right steps. Trade Schenn and Boeser, possibly Miller. Shut down Demko or at least play him strategically. If they don’t plunge this tank to the bottom after this disastrous season, they’re not doing their jobs.

The Ducks have a young team that still want to prove themselves and earn big paydays. They’ll win some games down the stretch. The Sharks are still good enough to win games here and there. And Montreal still has a young core like the Ducks that teams will take lightly.

Don’t lose hope, the tank is rolling along smoothly!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Only 4 points up on the Ducks with 3 games against them still.

It’s still possible we finish bottom 3/4 if management takes the right steps. Trade Schenn and Boeser, possibly Miller. Shut down Demko or at least play him strategically. If they don’t plunge this tank to the bottom after this disastrous season, they’re not doing their jobs.

The Ducks have a young team that still want to prove themselves and earn big paydays. They’ll win some games down the stretch. The Sharks are still good enough to win games here and there. And Montreal still has a young core like the Ducks that teams will take lightly.

Don’t lose hope, the tank is rolling along smoothly!

Yeah I'm definitely with you Bobby. We do have the ability to lose and as you say teams like Anaheim, and even SJ, or Montreal have the real chance of ending on an upswing like young rebuilding teams do. Just look at Montreal last year.

I'm back on board, thanks for the pep talk!

tank GIF

• There it is 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Who steps up and fights when Trouba runs around? 

I hope he got it all out of him in that CGY game and none of our guys get hurt.  In saying that, Schenn or Joshua can answer the bell. 

Joshua's been itching since his last few fights weren't really fights.  Let's see if Trouba wants to knock on either of those doors.  They aren't Tanev or Dube.  

13 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

As a proud Tankanadian, I can assure you the tank is just resting between periods. 

FYI this is the tankastanian model not to be confused with the tankanese model.  This versions top heavy. More reliably unreliable therefore a better tank. 

• Thanks 1