The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday February 8 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ New York Rangers - 5pm PT/8pm ET - MSG

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Points wise we're as close to 3rd-4th as we are to 8th.

So realistically we're probably looking at anywhere from 4th-8th from the bottom

If the Canucks lose tonight we will have identical records with Montreal, and same number of games.

It would be very difficult to even get to 22 or 23.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Nice, hey bro you gotta include the Islanders (our second tank) on your screenshot on the OP so we can track our second first round pick!

Just joking, great job thanks for all the hard work you do posting these! It's much appreciated.

Ha, not a bad idea, i can do it.

Thanks

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Only 4 points up on the Ducks with 3 games against them still.

It’s still possible we finish bottom 3/4 if management takes the right steps. Trade Schenn and Boeser, possibly Miller. Shut down Demko or at least play him strategically. If they don’t plunge this tank to the bottom after this disastrous season, they’re not doing their jobs.

The Ducks have a young team that still want to prove themselves and earn big paydays. They’ll win some games down the stretch. The Sharks are still good enough to win games here and there. And Montreal still has a young core like the Ducks that teams will take lightly.

Don’t lose hope, the tank is rolling along smoothly!

Agreed. I'm looking for an entertaining 5 - 4 loss tonight (in regulation hopefully). The Sharks and Habs can definitely be undertaken, but I think CHI and CBJ are already inked in for the bottom 2 places. We need to lose our games in hand to get a better picture of where we are.

• Like 3
  • There it is 1

47 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Only 4 points up on the Ducks with 3 games against them still.

It’s still possible we finish bottom 3/4 if management takes the right steps. Trade Schenn and Boeser, possibly Miller. Shut down Demko or at least play him strategically. If they don’t plunge this tank to the bottom after this disastrous season, they’re not doing their jobs.

The Ducks have a young team that still want to prove themselves and earn big paydays. They’ll win some games down the stretch. The Sharks are still good enough to win games here and there. And Montreal still has a young core like the Ducks that teams will take lightly.

Don’t lose hope, the tank is rolling along smoothly!

Excellent! This is reality! I think PA is on board. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Good to see Podkolzin get rewarded for his great play last game, now in the Top 6 with Miller. Joshua needs to step it up, as he lost his spot. More hits and nastiness Dak.

Boeser in the bottom 6 again. How the mighty Flo has fallen.  Maybe he should grow his hair again. 

Joshua has the physical features but that is not the style of his game. Team misses MacEwen, he had speed, grit and would hit...was a perfect 4th liner to keep around if you had half a brain!

I wish Garland and Boeser were switched around in the lineup, maybe after the road trip maybe Boeser gets a chance at the Horvat bumper spot on the PP. See how AB72 does there but I think Boeser has decent hands and would be able to deflect shots well from that spot as well

1 minute ago, Neutral said:

Joshua has the physical features but that is not the style of his game. Team misses MacEwen, he had speed, grit and would hit...was a perfect 4th liner to keep around if you had half a brain!

I wish Garland and Boeser were switched around in the lineup, maybe after the road trip maybe Boeser gets a chance at the Horvat bumper spot on the PP. See how AB72 does there but I think Boeser has decent hands and would be able to deflect shots well from that spot as well

Unfortunately the Country Club atmosphere would not allow that back in his day:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Despite being not offensively gifted. Gadjovich was silly to put on waivers. He will never win a scoring title but he's a good foot soldier.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Nice, hey bro you gotta include the Islanders (our second tank) on your screenshot on the OP so we can track our second first round pick!

Just joking, great job thanks for all the hard work you do posting these! It's much appreciated.

Added the Gawdzukes NY Isles tracker

Wouldn't it be nice if the Canucks had a Trouba on the back end to pair with Hughes!?!? Guy has been making some HARD yet CLEAN hits...it is sad that the hits like that are almost gone from the league but when they do occur the response is to fight...That is when you need a Schenn or Joshua to just flatten a Panarin or Fox into the boards, but that is NOT the Canuck way the Canuck way is to scurry and hide from it...glad we got rid of Bo for that reason as we was Sedined and we all know how Sedning went in 2011...a smurf takes shots at your teams best players and zero response in return but i digress!

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Maginator said:

Wow I don't know what's harder to believe. Miller reaching 500 points or the fact that Panarin only has 199. Feels like he's been in the league forever for some reason.

Here's a question for you all..

Will JT Miller hit 1000 points by the end of his career?

If the season were to end today JT would need to put up an average of 71 points per year for the duration of his 7 year contract to hit 1000. Can he do it?

I would doubt it.  JT's a durable player, but the likelihood of him playing 82 games each season for 7yrs is

never going to happen.  What with Covid years, he's already far below that mark.  The other factor will be who

his linemates will be.  Perhaps something like... Miller  Raty   Podz would work.  What ever the case, it will take

the Canucks a long time to acquire and develop players that can play at Miller's level.