The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday February 8 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ New York Rangers - 5pm PT/8pm ET - MSG

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

10 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Yeah that was a senseless move, never understood it. 

Yeah he would have been a nice option as the extra forward. Second in the league in fighting majors this year, has done well against some really tough opponents. It doesn't seem like Joshua is able/willing to do that sort of thing at the moment, and it would be nice for Schenn to not have to handle everyones business. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yip. Only thing in doubt is weather he does it via a hat trick or not. We have this kind of effect on teams and players on the verge of milestones. 

My vote: 2 goal night for Panarin.

Hatty for Petey.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So who goes on waivers once Demko is back?

My pick would be Delia even though he’s played better.

Hmmm ... Both Demko and Delia, their last names start with "De" ... your name starts with "De" ... so, looks like Martin is the odd name out. ;)

But yeah ... I'd keep the original tandem, send Delia down ... for now.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Harold Drunken said:

Yeah that was a senseless move, never understood it. 

Didn't want to waste a roster spot keeping him in the pressbox all year. He sucks and he had to pass through waivers. It was totally the right move. A really bad hockey team picked him up.

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So who goes on waivers once Demko is back?

My pick would be Delia even though he’s played better.

11 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

You'd think they keep the better goalie unless of course you're tanking 

I really like Delia over Martin but maybe it's pointless anyway as Demko and Silovs should start next year and Delia would be depth.

Tank-wise Martin is our man though and i would be fine with Demko taking it real easy.

6 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I really like Delia over Martin but maybe it's pointless anyway as Demko and Silovs should start next year and Delia would be depth.

Tank-wise Martin is our man though and i would be fine with Demko taking it real easy.

Yea I kinda wonder if they’d keep three goalies around and just run with 13 forwards and 7 D.

The last 30 games I wanna see Demko play 15 or less. No point playing him other than to work himself back into shape. Play him against the tough opponents and save Martin or Delia for the weaker ones.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea I kinda wonder if they’d keep three goalies around and just run with 13 forwards and 7 D.

The last 30 games I wanna see Demko play 15 or less. No point playing him other than to work himself back into shape. Play him against ever tough opponent and save Martin or Delia for the weaker ones.

Less. We got a tank to roll in on.....

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The last 30 games I wanna see Demko play half or less of them. No point playing him other than to work himself back into shape. 

I worry about the re-injury risk and for what an even worse draft position? But one thing that the hockey guy on youtube reminded me was that Demko is the guy of the previous management and coaching. Maybe they are hoping to show him for a trade?

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
s
  • Cheers 1