The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday February 8 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ New York Rangers - 5pm PT/8pm ET - MSG

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Less. We got a tank to roll in on.....

Gotta keep him happy though. Unless by some chance he’s fine with a really light workload. 

Play him against teams like the Rangers, Bruins, Stars, Leafs, Wild, Knights, Kings, and Flames. I don’t think it will really matter.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta keep him happy though. Unless by some chance he’s fine with a really light workload. 

Play him against teams like the Rangers, Bruins, Stars, Leafs, Wild, Knights, Kings, and Flames. I don’t don’t think it will really matter 

Especially with the defenders in front of him.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So who goes on waivers once Demko is back?

My pick would be Delia even though he’s played better.

I would waive Martin, Delia has been the better goalie but may not matter who they waive a team may make a claim regardless of who we waive to have some free goalie depth.

That or the Canucks could just waive Stillman and the team runs with 7D and 3G on the roster. I would try to trade 1 of Martin or Delia before the TDL for a late round pick if a team is after some G depth and would send Stillman down to Abbotsford instead. If a team wants to claim Stillman go for it but his contract is almost fully covered if he is buried in the AHL.

Canucks should try to move Schenn and another depth D for a later pick or prospect, teams always want that heading into the playoffs. 

27 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I had a wild thought of Myers, Boeser to Chicago for Toews, Allan and our 2nd in 2024 back.

Come on we can dream can't we?

I don't want that piece of shit anywhere near our team.

f**k Toews. 

24 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I really like Delia over Martin but maybe it's pointless anyway as Demko and Silovs should start next year and Delia would be depth.

Tank-wise Martin is our man though and i would be fine with Demko taking it real easy.

Silovs is years away from being NHL ready, even in a backup role. He needs to play starter minutes in the AHL for the next couple years until we can even talk about him making the jump. 

1 hour ago, Neutral said:

Joshua has the physical features but that is not the style of his game. Team misses MacEwen, he had speed, grit and would hit...was a perfect 4th liner to keep around if you had half a brain!

I wish Garland and Boeser were switched around in the lineup, maybe after the road trip maybe Boeser gets a chance at the Horvat bumper spot on the PP. See how AB72 does there but I think Boeser has decent hands and would be able to deflect shots well from that spot as well

Yes I always liked Zach. There have been times when some kind of response was needed against physical teams and we only really have Luke to fill that role. He also has 4 goals and 5 assists this year which is better than any of our current 4th liners.

My favorite Canucks teams were the ones who played their guts out.

Smyl led one for example that fell on their swords for each other.

Win or lose, and there are benefits to both, do your best, leave it out there.

Let management fret about improving draft position, or more likely they are on, 'who goes and who stays'.

Drop the puck already!  It's Game Day!

COCONUTS GO!  Yabba Dabba Do,

It's PODZILLA TIME!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Yes I always liked Zach. There have been times when some kind of response was needed against physical teams and we only really have Luke to fill that role. He also has 4 goals and 5 assists this year which is better than any of our current 4th liners.

He also had the teams cutest dog.

Miss you Lenny.

REFEREES

Furman South #13
2021_FS13.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Marc Joannette #25
MJ25.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 44 45
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 73 / 0 39 / 4
Career Games (Reg/PO) 232 / 0 1497 / 172
First NHL Game 4/6/17 10/1/99
Birthplace Sewickley, PA Verdun, QC

LINESMEN

Scott Cherrey #50
SC50.jpg?resize=120,120
Shandor Alphonso #52
SA52.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 46 46
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 72 / 23 76 / 6
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1058 / 130 560 / 17
First NHL Game 10/6/07 10/17/14
Birthplace Drayton, ON Orangeville, ON
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

I don't want that piece of shit anywhere near our team.

f**k Toews. 

Silovs is years away from being NHL ready, even in a backup role. He needs to play starter minutes in the AHL for the next couple years until we can even talk about him making the jump. 

But the moustache! The bow tie!