The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Rangers | Feb. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, jyu said:

This makes me wonder. Who do we pick if we have the 2nd overall pick?

Carlsson or Fantilli?

Similarly sized and both are skilled. 

I mean I know who Allvin would pick.

Fantilli should go number 2 though. His college numbers as an 18 year old are insane. And he plays a rugged two way game. Exactly who you want as a number 2 center.

• Cheers 4

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Interesting how that's framed ... as if "relying heavily" is a bad thing. 

Well also implying that they weren’t already relied on heavily.

But yea they’re our two top paid forwards that kind of goes with the territory.

The trouble for team tank I see is that the Canucks are showing faint signs of locking it down a little bit better defensively. If Demko gets back and plays at about  80% of his former self we are going to win too many games to slip below the dreck of teams still beneath us. If you are one of those actively rooting for losses our best hope is to keep the Martin/Delia rotation going as long as possible. I wonder if any sicko out there, with fervid dreams of Bedard in Canuck colours, would consider the “Nancy Kerrigan” treatment for Demmer. ::D

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

23/24

Hughes-Livingstone

OEL-Johansson

???-???

I don't care if we surprise or fail next season. I just want to see a big youth driven overhaul on the back end. This is very realistic. Not the best team but a clear as day shot to play big mins with Hughes while being local should be enough for livingstone to sign.

Hopefully we can find a way to draft sandin pellikka or reinbacher. Mix in a little new EP and jurmo. Another couple drafts and we have a defensive pipeline! 

• There it is 1

I hate how ppl are okay with losing. This is the losing culture this team created and just cuz we get high draft pick it doesn’t mean we become a winning team… we got top 5 draft picks and how many worked out? Just Pettersson and Hughes. How many first overall did Buffalo have in last few years? How about Oilers? Are they any better? I am looking forward to us going on annual last few games winning streaks! 

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine people thinking that a guy who can potentially score 100 points and win the Selke trophy couldn’t even learn how to take a faceoff.  Miller is also at 63% and is doing just fine at centre where he scored 99 points last year. Living without BO isn’t the disaster some people thought it would be. 

Yup.  Transitioning to a new leadership group. Petey, Hughes. 

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

I hate how ppl are okay with losing. This is the losing culture this team created and just cuz we get high draft pick it doesn’t mean we become a winning team… we got top 5 draft picks and how many worked out? Just Pettersson and Hughes. How many first overall did Buffalo have in last few years? How about Oilers? Are they any better? I am looking forward to us going on annual last few games winning streaks! 

Some pretty darned good players at the top of this draft though. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well yea they are our top 2 centers, kinda goes without saying…

No one should be surprised Petey could master a skill like faceoffs. He’s a pretty skilled guy.

Slow learner, though .... took him 5 years