The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday, Feb 9/23 Vancouver Canucks (20-27-4) @ New York Islanders (27-22-5) 4:30PT at UBS Arena TV: SNP RADIO: SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Boeser might've been one of the other players that didn't play well, but they're trying to sell him, and benching him might make him even more difficult to trade. I don't mind Tocchet being a bit tough with Kuzmenko. Some of the free-wheeling stuff Kuz does is fun to watch, but his plays always seem to be risky. 

Watching the game, I noticed something with Miller.  Most of the time he either:  makes a bad pass or gives up/loses the puck (losing board battles etc)

He's a turnover machine to say the least.

• Upvote 1

don't look now buy Garland may not be a buyout candidate after all, 6 points last 6 games, Boeser is getting assists but he has had some great looks past three games that he would have buried if her still had his shot, his wrists/hands are gone poor guy. The team actually looks more organized, better PK, better gap control dare we say it "structure" they need goaltending, a legit NHL 3C and another game changing D man, OEL looks toast 

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

don't look now buy Garland may not be a buyout candidate after all, 6 points last 6 games, Boeser is getting assists but he has had some great looks past three games that he would have buried if her still had his shot, his wrists/hands are gone poor guy. The team actually looks more organized, better PK, better gap control dare we say it "structure" they need goaltending, a legit NHL 3C and another game changing D man, OEL looks toast 

Yes BB has missed the net from 15 feet out, which is not a good selling point. Hard to say whether it's physical or psychological. Other teams barely watch him these days, they focus on Petey and JT

REFEREES

Tom Chmielewski #18
TC18.jpg?resize=120,120
Michael Markovic #31
2021_MM31.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Games ’22-23 41 44
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 75 / 0 57 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 455 / 0 142 / 0
First NHL Game 4/8/14 3/7/19
Birthplace Scott AFB, IL Scarborough, ON

LINESMEN

Brad Kovachik #71
BK71.jpg?resize=120,120
Trent Knorr #74
2021_TK74.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Games ’22-23 38 45
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 68 / 14 75 / 4
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1733 / 187 597 / 24
First NHL Game 10/10/96 11/13/13
Birthplace Woodstock, ON Powell River, BC
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Accountability.  Postgame transcript via MacIntyre:

“We had some guys, we had four or five guys, that were just, they weren't good,” Tocchet told reporters after his team played about half as well as it did in Monday’s overtime loss to the New Jersey Devils. “Listen, I played the game; I've been bad myself. But if you're bad and you don't have it, you've got to make sure that you get the puck in deep or you're in good position. You can't be bad at every area, and I thought we had five guys that were just not good.”

Asked specifically about Kuzmenko, the 22-goal scorer who was dropped off the Canucks’ top line after the first period, Tocchet said: “Yeah, he wasn't good. He was spinning everywhere. I mean, it's just not him. But you know, he's a young kid. He'll learn.”

new slogan to replace Bruce there it is…

“Walk it like Rick Tocchet”

1 hour ago, Bo fan said:

2 perfect games this week so far - entertaining, competitive and  the end result was what we needed

Gonna be tough watching Horvat play for another team tonight.

Tank on Canucks Tank on

Perfect outcome tonight would be Miller and Beauvillier scoring goals while we lose in an entertaining game. 

I was gonna say keeping Horvat  pointless but that's not what I want either. I like Horvat and he's signed a big contract... I'd rather he start with his new team on the right foot. My hope as a Canucks fan is that Miller outplays Horvat and signal that we kept the right guy... 

• Cheers 1