The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday, Feb 9/23 Vancouver Canucks (20-27-4) @ New York Islanders (27-22-5) 4:30PT at UBS Arena TV: SNP RADIO: SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

25 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

I don't wish any harm to Bo, but why are people acting like they know him personally? You don't know Bo, or what kind of person he is. 

I think people are more indifferent towards him than negative. He's a career 55-60 point player who's having a hot year. Nice to see guys get paid, but I'm glad we're not paying him. 

Bo was at the helm for a handful of the worst seasons in Canucks history. His captaincy has been plagued by teams who don't show up, and constant rumblings of split locker rooms with a country club vibe. I don't know what he's ever done to deserve this unquestionable loyalty some people on this forum have for him. 

He’s a “home grown” talent in that he was drafted by, developed and spent almost ten years with this club. He captained and played his best given the makeup of this club and what was asked of him. Not everyone is the prototypical captain that some fans want, but he took the mantle and tried. At least show some respect for that.

The fact that fans are so quick to turn on their players here is tantamount to why we’re not respected as a fanbase, and also why the media preys on it

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • elephant 1

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

It’s immaturity and a lack of appreciation for character and heart.
Some ppl just want to be angry and project resentment. it has nothing to do with Horvat. 

Or people are just glad to move on from the guy who captained the most underperforming/mediocre team in franchise history. A career 60 point player who's about to be paid 8.5 million dollars. 

What exactly did Horvat do to make everyone believe he had this abundance of character and heart? I would really love a detailed list on that. Tell me what he does/did above the rest of the roster that makes him stand out. I'll wait. 

4 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

I don't understand the team played better and harder after Bo trading.

I have a dream that Canucks win to-night, and damage the tank.

I would be okay with the Canucks winning tonight. Better than hearing over and over 'HORVAT TORCHES THE CANUCKS

I'd rather the TSN and SN panel choke on reporting a Canucks victory against Bo and his new team

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

He’s a “home grown” talent in that he was drafted by, developed and spent almost ten years with this club. He captained and played his best given the makeup of this club and what was asked of him. Not everyone is the prototypical captain that some fans want, but he took the mantle and tried. At least show some respect for that.

The fact that fans are so quick to turn on their players here is tantamount to why we’re not respected as a fanbase, and also why the media preys on it

Ok... so... "He tried his best."

Gotcha.

People who blindly buy into notions without any logic are just as embarrassing to this fanbase. 

• Wat 1

5 hours ago, Slegr said:

I’m not ashamed to say that I’m hoping someone like Miller checks Horvat hard in an open ice hit… just to remind him that 6’0”+, 200 lbs+ leaders on teams are expected to do that once in awhile.

Um yeah. I doubt it. I can't remember a single stand out hit that Miller has made all year.

1 minute ago, Neutral said:

If that Bo showed up all the time he would be here and JT would have been dealt last year. Team needed to have a new leader, run with a bunch of A's for now and not rush naming a C imo.

Haven't seen that player since the bubble. He's completely lost any edge to his game. 

1 minute ago, MattWN. said:

Or people are just glad to move on from the guy who captained the most underperforming/mediocre team in franchise history. A career 60 point player who's about to be paid 8.5 million dollars. 

What exactly did Horvat do to make everyone believe he had this abundance of character and heart? I would really love a detailed list on that. Tell me what he does/did above the rest of the roster that makes him stand out. I'll wait. 

Look at what he’s been a part of in the community. Look at what he’s been able to show in the playoffs. And look at the total and overall performance of this club…and you want to pin all that on one person? Even when there are players making more than him, or brought in above him to F up the pay schedule. The guy never bitched about being part of a losing club, didn’t demand a way out, and again, acted as captain during tumultuous times. Again, you can’t just pin all the shit on him.

Ironically, I was of the group that wanted to trade him (and JTM). Not because he’s the cause of problems, but more so because this whole team needed a relatively wholesale change. 
I would also like to see a hard ass type C for once, but in no way does Bo deserve to be maligned for what he attempted to do and for the player he is.

I want to see a well earned win tonight.

3 for 3 on the kill.

2 for 3 on the PP.

No points for Bo.

Miller and EP light it up.

Fourth line continues to rumble and chip in on the scoresheet.

I'm not down with a loss against this team. Stall the tank for one night. These guys have won 4 straight and look to be heating up. We need to extinguish that tonight. If the Isles go on a tear it will have a huge negative effect on the trade return. Isles schedule is pretty soft for a bit before it ramps up again. They are currently tied for last wildcard spot. Many good reasons to root for a win tonight. 

I'm pumped to be cheering for a victory again. Go 'Nucks Go!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

I don't understand any negativity toward Bo. Not only is it good for the Canucks to lose tonight, but Bo is a great guy.  I wish him the best for this year and for his career (except when the Isles play the Canucks in the Cup final).

Isles loss = Higher pick for Canucks (if they don't make the playoffs)

Why would I want the former Captain of this team to score on us? In fact, why would I want any member of the Islanders to score on us? They're the enemy and Bo falls in that category. Great guy? more like Greedy guy.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RWJC said:

Look at what he’s been a part of in the community. Look at what he’s been able to show in the playoffs. And look at the total and overall performance of this club…and you want to pin all that on one person? Even when there are players making more than him, or brought in above him to F up the pay schedule. The guy never bitched about being part of a losing club, didn’t demand a way out, and again, acted as captain during tumultuous times. Again, you can’t just pin all the shit on him.

Ironically, I was of the group that wanted to trade him (and JTM). Not because he’s the cause of problems, but more so because this whole team needed a relatively wholesale change. 
I would also like to see a hard ass type C for once, but in no way does Bo deserve to be maligned for what he attempted to do and for the player he is.

Everybody on the roster does community outreach, its part of their contract. 

The player Bo was during that small playoff run, I am all for that guy. But he hasn't been seen since the bubble. 

Yes. I am pinning the locker room rifts, and country club atmosphere on the captain. Because thats literally his f**king job. 

You don't get a pat on the back for not demanding a trade, or not bitching. That shit should just be a given, I'm not giving him at brownie points for that.

• Wat 1

28 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Here's hoping for another hard fought squeaker with goals from Kuze, Miller, Beau and Brock.

Bo scores a goal at the beginning of 1st and an assist on the winning goal, just minutes before

the end of the 3rd.

NYI win 5-4

Sharks beat panthers tonight in OT:towel:

I'll up one towel! :towel::towel:and raise you :gocan: one Bedard!

• Cheers 1

Just now, MattWN. said:

Everybody on the roster does community outreach, its part of their contract. 

The player Bo was during that small playoff run, I am all for that guy. But he hasn't been seen since the bubble. 

Yes. I am pinning the locker room rifts, and country club atmosphere on the captain. Because thats literally his f**king job. 

You don't get a pat on the back for not demanding a trade, or not bitching. That shit should just be a given, I'm not giving him at brownie points for that.

What are you giving any points for then?

Considering what the Isles gave up for him - what could have been a potential rental, is somewhat of an example of his value, no? 

4 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Maybe benching Kuzmenko over Boeser like last night puts the canucks in full tank. What in hell what that...

It's called accountability. Something Boudreau only did with the fringe players. Nothin wrong with a player sitting for a bit figuring out what we did wrong.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

It's called accountability. Something Boudreau only did the fringe players. Nothin wrong with a player sitting for a bit figuring out what we did wrong.

And in his first NHL season too.
it’s good Tocchet asserts himself and tries to manage the bad habits early on/ now.

• Upvote 1