The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blues trade Vladimir Tarasenko, Niko Mikkola to Rangers for Sammy Blais, Hunter Skinner, conditional 2023 1st-round pick, conditional 2024 4th-round pick

They were looking for a top-6 RW.  Seravalli had them targeting Timo Meier as prime target - must have been too expensive. 

NJD and NYR look to be on their way to meet in round 1.  So now NJD's turn to make a move.

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

They were looking for a top-6 RW.  Seravalli had them targeting Timo Meier as prime target - must have been too expensive. 

NJD and NYR look to be on their way to meet in round 1.  So now NJD's turn to make a move.

Devils are going to need to get a lot bigger in their top minute forwards.  

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I guess Boeser didn't impress them yesterday...

Boeser won't get traded until all other options are gone.

Meier definitely needs to be traded before Boeser lands anywhere. Tarasenko is atleast one trade chip that's gone now.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Maginator said:

Boeser won't get traded until all other options are gone.

Meier definitely needs to be traded before Boeser lands anywhere. Tarasenko is atleast one trade chip that's gone now.

that is the strangest rule i have ever heard of... when did this come into effect? jeez... the NHL surely is out to get us with this rule that boeser must be traded last...

• Haha 3
  • elephant 1

Just now, MattWN. said:

I hope we didn't make a mistake resigning Kuz. Some big moves already and we're still 3 weeks from the deadline. I wonder what he could have fetched on the market given his contract. 

Pettersson needs someone to play with next season.

He can still be traded in two seasons and probably fetch just as much once he’s more proven.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1