The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blues trade Vladimir Tarasenko, Niko Mikkola to Rangers for Sammy Blais, Hunter Skinner, conditional 2023 1st-round pick, conditional 2024 4th-round pick

What I really like about this deal is the cap crunch the Rags will be in in offseason. I realize Tarasenko is UFA, but regardless a few nice players might shake loose from that club with all the contracts coming up soon. Hopefully someone we could pursue.

Chytil and Miller looking at some big raises 

Edited by RWJC

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

What I really like about this deal is the cap crunch the Rags will be in in offseason. A few nice players might shake loose we could pursue 

Tarasenko is a pending UFA.

The rags were gonna be in a cap crunch regardless. I would imagine a couple of their pending RFA’s are going the other way.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Tarasenko is a pending UFA.

The rags were gonna be in a cap crunch regardless. I would imagine a couple of their pending RFA’s are going the other way.

Haha yeah I revised previous post to include that as you were posting it as well.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wow, he'll be a good fit there, the return will be super interesting. Probably involving Blais, but imagine if it's more than what we got for Bo. 

If Tarasenko could be traded to NYR why couldn't we send them a younger, much better Miller?

Watch the return be better than Bo's.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wonder what this means for Kane.

I thought for sure he’d be going to the Rangers.

I guess they still could with retention and money in/out.

I think there's still a chance he gets shut down for the season, isn't he nursing an injury?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

All depends on his injury status and def $ retention. I could see both Toews and Kane going to COL for something like the deal we bandied about here on CDC  for JTM or Bo, but obviously with a bit more added. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Kane is apparently dealing with some kind of injury and there was even some wondering if he would be shut down.  He's soldiering through but might not be fully healthy.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Dallas's pick is this year and possibly next year. Blues might want a sure thing for this year?

Dallas would have to have a catastrophic collapse for that to happen lol.  The clause is if it is a top 10 pick this year it moves to next year.