Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat was taken for granted here

Rate this topic


Dazzle

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

These couple of games have revealed something - fanbase and organization took him for granted.

 

Horvat gave his heart and soul to this city and team. And what did we do? We made all sorts of excuses to diminish his contributions. Worst of all, him getting 8.5 mill was him apparently "getting greedy"

 

Now NYI fans are cheering for him in a way that fans haven't done before, despite the number of jerseys.

 

Horvat has left us behind - and he isn't going to look back. Management and the fans here have let him down for the last time.

 

We talk about other people at fault (i.e. Benning), but we rarely talk about how we seriously screwed up.

 

We did Horvat dirty.

Nope. Horfat is gone. The elephant in the room needed to be removed. 

  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

Get over it.  
He didn’t do anything spectacular. 
He came to work and did his job. 
He was far from inspiring. 

He isnt worth close to that contract and you will see that as soon as next year.  
 

 

Exactly!  We expect our players to play for the crest on the front and not their name on the back.  As fans we need to cheer for our team.  The players, coaches, managers, and owners will come and go. The team is what is constant. Horfat is gone now. 

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

Get over it.  
He didn’t do anything spectacular. 
He came to work and did his job. 
He was far from inspiring. 

He isnt worth close to that contract and you will see that as soon as next year.  
 

 

This right here is what's wrong with our fanbase.

 

It's always somebody else's fault with this fanbase, except ourselves. We can drill on the past over and over, but fail to address or acknowledge the present.

 

Horvat earned the right to market value. 7.25 and 8.50 is not that much of a difference. We just lowballed our former captain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Such is life in sports.

 

WE didn't do him dirty.

 

YOU just need to stop being so emotionally attached to players.

 

Canucks fans never had a reason to cheer like that over the last 9 years. The only bright spot was the bubble with no home games and no crowd.

 

Wish Bo all the best, NEXT!

It's not about emotional. 7.25 vs 8.5 is not that big of a gap lol.

 

It's this clown of a management team that doesn't know how to handle the cap, as well as the personnel.

  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It's not about emotional. 7.25 vs 8.5 is not that big of a gap lol.

 

It's this clown of a management team that doesn't know how to handle the cap, as well as the personnel.

You're seriously going to blame this new 3 time Stanley cup winning management for the cap problems this team has??? Lol

 

This management is going to save us from the disaster that Jim Benning created.

Edited by BlakeQuinnAndEggs
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

These couple of games have revealed something - fanbase and organization took him for granted.

 

Horvat gave his heart and soul to this city and team. And what did we do? We made all sorts of excuses to diminish his contributions. Worst of all, him getting 8.5 mill was him apparently "getting greedy"

 

Now NYI fans are cheering for him in a way that fans haven't done before, despite the number of jerseys.

 

Horvat has left us behind - and he isn't going to look back. Management and the fans here have let him down for the last time.

 

We talk about other people at fault (i.e. Benning), but we rarely talk about how we seriously screwed up.

 

We did Horvat dirty.

100% agree with you!

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...