The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) If Puljujarvi was on waivers, do we claim ?

Probably not. We already have a bunch of middle 6ers. Unless we plan to offload both of Garland and Boeser at this deadline. Which would be crazy. He'll likely be a UFA this summer, dunno if anyone wants to qualify the guy. Given it's 3mil. We can save roster spots for some college kids and trades. Chat him up in the offseason if we're interested.

Would be awesome to stick it to the Oilers and rebuild his game here.

That being said I’m not sure there’s enough there.

I used to think wow that’s a big guy that can really fly before he was drafted, but he always just seemed to have low hockey IQ. Seems to do a lot but never really does anything.

I mean if they wanna try him out for a bit and rekindle some chemistry with Räty I’m all for it. Might be a waste of time though.

I Told You Alll, but you all mocked me..... the oilers would be in cap trouble some point this season... in 2 weeks washington may be pooched big time... they might be 8 million over the cap when carlson returns...

there is a trade for some team... that wants to pick up some really bad contracts....

• Like 1
  • elephant 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Would be awesome to stick it to the Oilers and rebuild his game here.

That being said I’m not sure there’s enough there.

I used to think wow that’s a big guy that can really fly before he was drafted, but he always just seemed to have low hockey IQ. Seems to do a lot but never really does anything.

I mean if they wanna try him out for a bit and rekindle some chemistry with Räty I’m all for it. Might be a waste of time though.

the euro virtanen! :sick:

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

i did the math... not only would the Oilers have to waive Big Head, they would HAVE to waive or trade another player..... making at least 850,000 (i assume that would be devin shore)

but that leaves them with zero cap... and a 21 man roster... they will find a trade partner for Big Head and pay the piper

32 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, I would claim him.  We can fit him under the cap this year.  We could then trade him with 50% retention prior to the deadline or trade his rights in the summer.  Who knows, maybe he could be a Tocchet guy, you never know...

thats interesting... id make them a trade offer instead.. luke schenn for Pool Party and a 1st

• Cheers 2