The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) If Puljujarvi was on waivers, do we claim ?

On 2/10/2023 at 12:18 AM, MaxVerstappen33 said:

2016 4th over all pick ya know 

Physically the guy is so talented.  Has a big frame, can skate.  Also really well liked by his teammates.  Might just need the right coach.  Working with sedins would help him too  Imagine him on Peteys wing with Kuz.  

Edited by EddieVedder
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Physically the guy is so talented.  Has a big frame, can skate.  Also really well liked by his teammates.  Might just need the right coach.  Working with sedins would help him too  Imagine him on Peteys wing with Kuz.  

I dunno man, he's played a bunch on McDavid's wing and looked really unimpressive. That's hard to do. I'm not sure he's got what it takes to be a good NHL player. Reminds me a bit of Virtanen, just endless frustration watching a guy who's big, strong, has a hard shot, and can skate like the wind do... pretty much nothing.

54 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Doesn't matter if you have those skills if you lack hockey sense. Seems like a great guy but he just doesn't have the hockey sense to equate to his skills at the NHL level. 

On 2/12/2023 at 10:07 PM, rekker said:

Doesn't matter if you have those skills if you lack hockey sense. Seems like a great guy but he just doesn't have the hockey sense to equate to his skills at the NHL level. 

Or he is playing in the wrong role.

He is supposed to be pretty decent defensively

At 24 he fits into the project player and if waived then he is free money to give it a shot.