The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Feb. 11, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

35 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

you got better eyes that our head coach, assistant coaches, scouts, game footage video editor? its possible i suppose.

you must have ESPN2 knowing exactly the systems that tocchet is running. I assume having knowledge of his systems gives you the ability to judge Kuz is just as good or better than those players you mentioned.

I've got a pretty good eye, that is true

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

you got better eyes that our head coach, assistant coaches, scouts, game footage video editor? its possible i suppose.

you must have ESPN2 knowing exactly the systems that tocchet is running. I assume having knowledge of his systems gives you the ability to judge Kuz is just as good or better than those players you mentioned.

6 hours ago, stawns said:

I've got a pretty good eye, that is true

It could be that Kuz might be the same or even better than Brock defensively but maybe Brock is getting showcased as the canucks want to move him without retention... 

Don't fully know what's happening behind the scenes. 

Kuz by all means doesn't play error free hockey but neither does Miller, Brock, Garland etc. 

I hope that Kuz puts his head down and uses this time and works hard on his 2 way game and becomes a really good complete player

12 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Well, I guess one game out of 45 isn't bad then, right? He's been invisible all season.

Really?

I think you’re referring to the first chunk of the season when he was dealing with illness and injury.

Over the past 20 games he’s an even rating while scoring at almost PPG (18 in 20).

2 hours ago, Putgolzin said:

Really?

I think you’re referring to the first chunk of the season when he was dealing with illness and injury.

Over the past 20 games he’s an even rating while scoring at almost PPG (18 in 20).

He hasn’t looked that good though for the most part. Maybe Injury sure, but definitely hasn’t driven play, and picked up most of his points as a passenger, on a team that can score plenty but can’t defend (in my opinion) 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

He hasn’t looked that good though for the most part. Maybe Injury sure, but definitely hasn’t driven play, and picked up most of his points as a passenger, on a team that can score plenty but can’t defend (in my opinion) 

indeed

Kuzmenko has 0 assists compared to brock in the tocchet era, but he does have 3 goals. Boeser still rarely looks dangerous when he's shooting and he has 1 goal, garland has 2 as well. 

I don't want to relive the tepid past

• Like 2

The dogs who have a blood thirsty for check will be the dogs that get to play for RT he has no patience for anything but your best efforts.

ps: Garland is like a rabid Manchester terrier with and without the puck when Kuzzy don’t have the puck he don’t try hard enough to get it back he needs to tap into that inner terrier.

Edited by CanuckleHorse

47 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

The dogs who have a blood thirsty for check will be the dogs that get to play for RT he has no patience for anything but your best efforts.

Exactly, You can coach checking, better grinding and defence. You can reward effort for those eras. That seems exactly the coach that tocchet is.

Can you coach elite scoring? Vision? Killer instinct, a feel for positioning to score? The ability to process things in a microsecond and have the speed and skill to execute? I think that is rarer gift and kuzmenko to me is a great indicator of where the canucks will go. Great to have 2-way guys, but if you alienate scorers you're not going anywhere...

We'll see how it plays out but i do feel that we're not headed in the right direction. 

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
l

3 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Exactly, You can coach checking, better grinding and defence. You can reward effort for those eras. That seems exactly the coach that tocchet is.

Can you coach elite scoring? Vision? Killer instinct, a feel for positioning to score? The ability to process things in a microsecond and have the speed and skill to execute? I think that is rarer gift and kuzmenko to me is a great indicator of where the canucks will go. Great to have 2-way guys, but if you alienate scorers you're not going anywhere...

We'll see how it plays out.

Garland is the best example of how offensive players need to play under coach Tocchet if Kuzzy can copy that lil fellers effort he will be worth twice his contract.

5 hours ago, Muttley said:

There's more then one reason Kuzmenko should be getting a regular shift and every chance to showcase better his skillset. Just saying.

Tank is on!  Showcasing the redundant wingers.    Trust the process.   Learning max effort is never a bad thing either.  

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

No; Besides, I don't see that there is one. 

Worrying about Kuzmenko is the least of our worries.    We don't need that many guys getting 4-6.6 on our team.   To fix the defense, at least two of Kuzmenko, Nathan B, Garland, Brock or Ilya M have to go... who would you like to see go and what sort of return?   Doesn't make any sense to not showcase, so far we haven't had any takers, hard to get that when Garland and Brock have been doing just what Kuzmenko is now for long stretches.    That's how I see it anyways.    It's also been a long time since we had a coach that seems to get this team needs this (tank too).   Not once has he complained about trading for a goalie.    A lot of guys need to be traded, if we have any chance of improving our D.