The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Feb. 11, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Seems to me, the Canucks were fired up for the Islanders game, because they were motivated (to beat Horvat and his new team).  This was a Saturday morning snoozer against another bottom feeder. So, good that DET actually got the 2 points I suppose.  

Martin. Is he the worst goalie in the league? He's got to feel pretty deflated knowing Rutherford (a former goalie) is watching closely, probably thinking "Good lord, this Spencer Martin guy sucks". 

Glad Bear is okay. Good to see Petey and Beau score. Good to see Schenn back. Hughes is a beast for going straight back to his visor. I think Kuzmenko gets traded. 

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I hope the coaching bump isn’t real this time around.

A big part of the coaching bump last year was Demko playing at a top-5 level.

Bruce let the boys fly on offence and Demko bailed them out.  Being in the playoff hunt they also sold out to block shots, etc. 

Now we have league-worst goaltending, out of the playoffs, we just traded our captain, the rest of the team is on the trade block and the coach is trying to reel people in.  

We’ll win the odd game because the schedule is soft and we have a lot more talent than the bottom feeders.. but I can’t see us going on a true run to end the season.  Tocchet needs to break some things down before he builds back up. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

47 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

I think the canucks forwards had a great game near perfect... their goalie played great... we need to solidify our defence and get demko back to have any success.

Is this a new format of being sarcastic on CDC?

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, ey40 said:

Is this a new format of being sarcastic on CDC?

did you not watch the game... my guess is you did not watch the game... The forwards pinned detroit in their zone at least twice... they out shot detroit by 10 shots.... am i missing something? nah its you

3 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

did you not watch the game... my guess is you did not watch the game... The forwards pinned detroit in their zone at least twice... they out shot detroit by 10 shots.... am i missing something? nah its you

Yet again, they still lost. It means nothing. It just goes to show you that even when they do outplay a team they still lose. We as fans shouldn't accept these standards. Standards should always be the cup. Not that they are there nice people and we can't trade them

because they are so nice.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yet again, they still lost. It means nothing. It just goes to show you that even when they do outplay a team they still lose. 

well if you read my post.... you might understand that i addressed that...

I stated that the forwards played great  today...and that we need to address the defense and goalies before we find any success.

9 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

A big part of the coaching bump last year was Demko playing at a top-5 level.

Bruce let the boys fly on offence and Demko bailed them out.  Being in the playoff hunt they also sold out to block shots, etc. 

Now we have league-worst goaltending, out of the playoffs, we just traded our captain, the rest of the team is on the trade block and the coach is trying to reel people in.  

We’ll win the odd game because the schedule is soft and we have a lot more talent than the bottom feeders.. but I can’t see us going on a true run to end the season.  Tocchet needs to break some things down before he builds back up. 

16 minutes ago, Devron said:

We have no goalie. Not sure anyone can bump that

To be honest I didn’t realize the game already happened today. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

well if you read my post.... you might understand that i addressed that...

I stated that the forwards played great  today...and that we need to address the defense and goalies before we find any success.

Very true. I just can't stand the well at least we outplayed them. The standards  have sunk so low for this team. I think that's what's more frustrating.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Very true. I just can't stand the well at least we outplayed them. The standards  have sunk so low for this team. I think that's what's more frustrating.

i think we have to address and celebrate where we are succeeding. We all know we need to improve the bottom 6 and defense... finding success in the mess of loss is what good leaders do... focusing and targeting just on the negativity just gets everyone upset, their has to be a balance and a major one towards the positiive

12 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Missed the game but just watched the "highlights". Wings' first goal shows up one problem with Quinn: he's super skilful, but he is way too easy to push out of the way and allow other teams to score.

the downside of being 30 lbs.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

i think we have to address and celebrate where we are succeeding. We all know we need to improve the bottom 6 and defense... finding success in the mess of loss is what good leaders do... focusing and targeting just on the negativity just gets everyone upset, their has to be a balance and a major one towards the positiive

Finding success in this failure of a team is like watching the atom bomb go off and enjoying the colours. 

• Haha 1