The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (12-18) 2023

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Habs up 3-0 halfway through the 2nd, hopefully they can hang on and get the win 

Big Team Tank day today!!! 

I'll be happy with 4 points from 4 games. 

Let's go Montreal, Philly, San Jose, and Anaheim! 

Bottom feeders have been rolling lately. 

14 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Big Team Tank day today!!! 

I'll be happy with 4 points from 4 games. 

Let's go Montreal, Philly, San Jose, and Anaheim! 

Bottom feeders have been rolling lately. 

Habs up 4-2 at the end of the 2nd, just gotta hang on for a period, hopefully they can 

Philly is tied 2-2 with Seattle, it'd be huge if they could win or at least take it to OT 

Sharks up 1-0 as of right now, a Sharks win would be big as well but I'm not really expecting it 

Have a hard time seeing the Ducks beat Vegas but here's hoping 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm here for this Karlsson renaissance 

Habs win, now we just need to lose to Detroit in order to lose ground  

I lowkey think that Philly's going to start shitting the bed here.  

That's a team that I'm worried will sneak into the bottom 6 and push us up.  I hope I'm wrong and Torts keeps them playing hard. 

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I lowkey think that Philly's going to start shitting the bed here.  

That's a team that I'm worried will sneak into the bottom 6 and push us up.  I hope I'm wrong and Torts keeps them playing hard. 

Philly is concerning, we have an eight point buffer but we also have games in hand 

Ottawa's concerning too, we're only five points below them 

It's a shame we couldn't just shut Demko down for the season, I hope we sell soon 

I'd like us to start bringing up more AHL'ers to look at too, at all positions 

I'd like to see Karlsson, Klimovich, Raty, Bains, Woo, Brisebois, Juulsen, Wolanin, and so on 

Not sure about Silovs, it's probably better to just let him stick where he's having success this season, I don't really want him left out to dry behind this defense 

45 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Philly is concerning, we have an eight point buffer but we also have games in hand 

Ottawa's concerning too, we're only five points below them 

It's a shame we couldn't just shut Demko down for the season, I hope we sell soon 

I'd like us to start bringing up more AHL'ers to look at too, at all positions 

I'd like to see Karlsson, Klimovich, Raty, Bains, Woo, Brisebois, Juulsen, Wolanin, and so on 

Not sure about Silovs, it's probably better to just let him stick where he's having success this season, I don't really want him left out to dry behind this defense 

Ottawa just lost Forsberg for the season and Talbot is on IR.   They are replaced with a goalie with no NHL experience and another who has 3 games.  

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeaaah, I saw that. Not good for us. 

Maybe he’ll have his Hamburgler moment and win like 10 straight! :lol:

We can hope at least. 

I still think that there’s enough talent and they work hard enough that they should still be able to get wins here and there.

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe he’ll have his Hamburgler moment and win like 10 straight! :lol:

We can hope at least. 

I still think that there’s enough talent and they work hard enough that they should still be able to get wins here and there.

They'll get wins here and there for sure, the key is our being able to minimize how much we're winning down the stretch 

Hence my hoping we sell and start to integrate more AHL'ers and prospects into our lineup to get looks at them 

Hoping we pull the trigger on Schenn soon so we can start facilitating that process on the back end 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Ottawa just lost Forsberg for the season and Talbot is on IR.   They are replaced with a goalie with no NHL experience and another who has 3 games.  

Yikes!  

On the other hand, there are rumours that Couturier might be coming back before the season's done...  so perhaps Ottawa's the one to watch out for.  Looking at goal differentials though, us and Ottawa have no business being where we are.