The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] Brock Boeser to Minnesota Wild

On 2/18/2023 at 10:23 AM, komodo0921 said:

I've been thinking a lot about Boeser to Minny but, they too, are looking for some cap relief. 

It's such a tough one (As are all deals these days, it seems).

While I don't see any way of us offering relief without sending money back, Boeser would provide a much needed offensive boost to an offensively challenged Wild squad.

I'm also with those that don't think Minny would give up Wallstedt, so...

Brock Boeser and Jack Rathbone, Aiden McDonough to Minny for Jordan Greenway, Marcus Foligno, Ryan O'Rourke, their 2023 2nd, and 2024 1st (unprotected).

1. BB, JR, and JG all get re-starts.

2. MF provides more money going out for the Wild.

3. I don't trust that McDonough is committed to signing here, therefore, weaponize him.

4. We need to start trending toward a younger, more capable defense and O'Rourke will become a stallwart defender in the NHL Maybe not top pair but a solid defender, none the less.

5. I truly believe this team needs to make filling it's cupboards, top priority. The picks allow us an asset this year, and spread our first rounders over two drafts.

This deal provides them with offensive boost and nets us 2 depth players for now, a defender of a re-imagined blueline, and two picks for our future.

What's with Jorden Greenway, how would he help the canucks other than his size? What would he bring? He doesn't seem to be trending upward. 

• There it is 1