The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sabres/ Coyotes/Canucks[Proposal]

With the Sabres being a team not in cap hell and having a solid team just sitting outside of the playoffs. They have 20M plus next year in cap space w/ no significant players to sign.

IMO they lack goaltending/ keeping the puck out of the net.

--

Canucks trade Demko to Buffalo and Coyotes trade Chychrun.

-

Buffalo recieves:

Demko/ Chychrun 

Coyotes recieve: 

Buffalo's 1st rd pick (conditional 2023 (top 10 protected), Krebs, 1 of the 3 Sabres 2023 2nd rd picks 

Canucks 2023 4th round pick, Myers , Rathbone

Canucks recieve :

Goalie Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

LD: Mattias Samuelsson

-

We gain a rookie goaltender and LD who can play w/ Hughes and be his anchor when Schenn leaves . Ofc i'd love Owen Power back but thats too rich 

Coyotes get 3 possible picks in the top 50 this year, Krebs and they eat 1 year of Myers salary

Do canucks get enough?

Sabres are probably the last team who need Chychrun now with Dahlin and Power who are better than him. Chychrun would be their 3rd best defenceman and you know he's going to want to be a top pairing guy on another team, especially with the value he's going to net for his trade.

For the heck of it though, the value would be something like Mittelstadt + 1st + Jokiharju and then maybe a 2nd as well...

No way is it worth it for Buffalo

Demko makes a lot of sense for them but not for us, because they can't really give us what we need - a top defenceman. Dahlin and Power aren't coming our way. They might be able to give us Krebs + 1st for Demko, that's about it.

5 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

With the Sabres being a team not in cap hell and having a solid team just sitting outside of the playoffs. They have 20M plus next year in cap space w/ no significant players to sign.

IMO they lack goaltending/ keeping the puck out of the net.

--

Canucks trade Demko to Buffalo and Coyotes trade Chychrun.

-

Buffalo recieves:

Demko/ Chychrun 

Coyotes recieve: 

Buffalo's 1st rd pick (conditional 2023 (top 10 protected), Krebs, 1 of the 3 Sabres 2023 2nd rd picks 

Canucks 2023 4th round pick, Myers , Rathbone

Canucks recieve :

Goalie Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

LD: Mattias Samuelsson

-

We gain a rookie goaltender and LD who can play w/ Hughes and be his anchor when Schenn leaves . Ofc i'd love Owen Power back but thats too rich 

Coyotes get 3 possible picks in the top 50 this year, Krebs and they eat 1 year of Myers salary

Do canucks get enough?

I think Chychrun is a LA king before Saturday..LA need to push chips in while top veterans are playing good..

Kopitar 35 - Doughty 33 - Iafallo 29 - Danault 29 - Quick 37--- Team transition...Lots of great prospects to make push trading 1 or 2 good prospects in pipeline..

Chychrun- Kings -------

Clarke 20 6'2 RD -- 1st rounder. 2023 -- Turcotte

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I think Chychrun is a LA king before Saturday..LA need to push chips in while top veterans are playing good..

Kopitar 35 - Doughty 33 - Iafallo 29 - Danault 29 - Quick 37--- Team transition...Lots of great prospects to make push trading 1 or 2 good prospects in pipeline..

Chychrun- Kings -------

Clarke 20 6'2 RD -- 1st rounder. 2023 -- Turcotte

Clarke is in the deal for sure. I’d prefer Turcott to bustaroo Byfield. But the Coyotes are tiring to market their club. So I’m thinking they’d accept Byfield with Clark. Clark to help them win. And Byfield the name to help marketing. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Clarke is in the deal for sure. I’d prefer Turcott to bustaroo Byfield. But the Coyotes are tiring to market their club. So I’m thinking they’d accept Byfield with Clark. Clark to help them win. And Byfield the name to help marketing. 

I agree Byfield has upside 6'4 C only 21 along with Clarke 20 RD great building blocks along with there 6'5 Swedish goalie prospect only 20...

Coyotes have so many picks and prospects team with be moving up standings soon..