The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How America lost its mind—and how to get rationality back

Empires rise and fall. They seem to eat themselves to death, much like depicted in the photo. Seems the more we move along in era the faster this “eating” occurs.  The USA needs to come together as a nation or they are doomed to collapse. And if they collapse we go down the toilet with them. 

• Cheers 1

cancel culture and no accountability.

millennials are a spoiled generation and this is coming from one. 

gen z the same.

You either agree with certain people, or if you have other opinions, you are a "neo-nazi" type thing.

There is no rationale behind opinionated discussions with younger generations anymore. 

I mean, this is a generation that made people famous for doing stupid 15 second dances in their rooms so what's the surprise I guess.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Cancel culture is not just a left wing thing.  Just look at all thr book banning and thought police that is happening in places like Florida. 

I would say another issue is there are so many people who have been affected by all the lead they were exposed to during their lives and combine that with poor reading ability.   Like elementary school level ability.  It's no wonder why so many people fell for tinfoil hat conspiracies and a grifter for POTUS that they still claim won an election he clearly lost.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1. people’s mentality of ‘if you’re not with me, you’re against me. I don’t know you but F you for believing in this”

2. social media giving people permission to say whatever they want without consequences 

3. People who can’t get over something they see that doesn’t affect their lives in the slightest.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

cancel culture and no accountability.

millennials are a spoiled generation and this is coming from one. 

gen z the same.

You either agree with certain people, or if you have other opinions, you are a "neo-nazi" type thing.

There is no rationale behind opinionated discussions with younger generations anymore. 

I mean, this is a generation that made people famous for doing stupid 15 second dances in their rooms so what's the surprise I guess.

The fall of America has nothing to do with what you’re suggesting. It’s the older generations who have put greed and lust for power ahead of humanity that are the problem. How is wanting to include everyone and making society equal and fair Not a good thing? 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

well holy bugaroo...

rather than demand acceptance, we can choose tolerance...

its like this man knows that rome wasn't built in a day... change takes time and you cant force your views onto someone... and then if they disagree shaming them is not the right approach... what a simple and easy to understand concept...

shame hardly ever works as a learning tool... we all have learned don't stick your dogs nose in its shit, or yelling at people in public is not tolerated, it makes people uncomfortable... it should be no different online... many of you will laugh at my dog reference... but their are some simple minded people in this world, 15% have a IQ lower than 85... smart dogs have an estimated IQ of 100...so yeah... maybe you should think before you try forcing your views onto someone, especially not knowing if they have the ability to fully grasp the concepts that you are arguing....

Stop being intolerant and understand change takes time... it takes a very long time... always has... maybe the internet has sped up change, but it still takes time...

a few phrases come to mind... mind your own...treat those how you would want to be treated... and respect your elders...

if you want to be a activist or a contributing member to a movement... do something tangible about it... donate your time, raise funds for charities, raise "positive awareness".

stop flinging mud it only further divides and possibly causes permanent and irreversible damage... have some compassion, you're better than that

• Upvote 1