The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday February 13 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Detroit Red Wings - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

41 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Well, if Delia starts, I think the Canucks win this one.

Also, what are the chances Studnicka is back and Kuzmenko sits? 

Then again while the province said unlikely for monday, canucksarmy said studz and kuz alternated positions on a 3rd line on sunday.

From the province: https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/rick-tocchet-latest-tack-attack-fitness-for-sustained-competitive-level

"Defenceman Travis Dermott has missed the last five games to an undisclosed injury. “It’s day-to-day right now,” said Tocchet. “He was on the ice the other day and did partake about 60 or 70 per cent and it’s an ongoing thing. Studnicka is a lineup option Monday, but lost weight with a non-COVID illness on the road trip in which he was sent home. “He’s got a lot of his weight back,” said Tocchet. “I’m not sure yet if he’ll play (Monday).”

canucksarmy

https://canucksarmy.com/news/monday-mailbag-initial-thoughts-aatu-raty-canucks-draft-matvei-michkov-4th-overall-pick

"The main point of concern right now is Andrei Kuzmenko — who is averaging 14:07 of ice time in the Tocchet era after being a player who averaged 16 minutes a night with Bruce Boudreau. It’s still relatively early so we’re not too worried about Kuzmenko’s spot in the lineup. Seeing him rotate with Jack Studnicka on the third line during Sunday’s practice is definitely not ideal, but we will see what Tocchet is cooking up for Monday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings."

This other canucksarmy post had me thinking of future giraffes:

The excitement obviously comes from the fact that this kid is 6’6″ and can move pretty well. He’s shown some flashes of offensive skill but from what we’ve heard, Pulli is a bit of a chaos creator on the backend. He’s still very young and you can’t teach size, so, this player definitely should draw interest from NHL teams. 

https://canucksarmy.com/news/report-canucks-nhl-teams-interest-left-defenceman-valtteri-pulli

• Thanks 1

Remember back when Martin got us points in like 9 straight games and people were speculating that we might not even need Demko? And then a bunch of other people pointed out how terrible Martin's underlying numbers were and we were only getting points because we were unsustainably out-scoring our problems? Those people were right!

• There it is 2

2 minutes ago, brilac said:

I thought the Colgate frozen meals were short lived? 

So short lived that they may never actually existed at all! Apparently they test-marketed a few food items in one very small local market but lasagna was never one of them, from the bit of internet sleuthing I did. I should get back to work...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Remember back when Martin got us points in like 9 straight games and people were speculating that we might not even need Demko? And then a bunch of other people pointed out how terrible Martin's underlying numbers were and we were only getting points because we were unsustainably out-scoring our problems? Those people were right!

Yep, I was one of those people calling out the lunatics. Demko obviously wasn't moving right before he went on IL, Martin is a decent goalie on a terrible team. Hopefully the AHL rebuilds his confidence because giving up 5 a night can't feel good.

• Cheers 1