The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday February 13 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Detroit Red Wings - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Sandlak is a trustworthy name. 

Also, nice to see we have the #7 Ranked ref working the game. 

If pops’ nickname was “House” is Carter “in-law suite” or “laneway” or “garage”?

When I was a kid I got to work a few Nux training camps, and at the end of my first one I went around to the players and collected autographs on my hockey cards. When I got to Jim, I asked for his autograph and he jokingly asked me why he should give it. I told him he was one of my favourites (I liked the tougher side of hockey) and that I had drafted him to my hockey pool team. I remember his exact words when he heard that. He looked over at the trainers and back at me and laughed and said “you’re a good kid, but not that bright”. The rest of the dressing room got a big laugh out of that and I was so embarrassed. What I didn’t tell him was I drafted him for PIMs and not points. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Interesting comments on JT Miller. Makes me feel better about the team choosing to extend him.

Love to see this posted in one of those other threads full of Miller haters who want to trade him before his contract even starts.

At the end:

"I would love to take a passionate hockey player who wants to win every night, over the guy that's just very...um...very blasé affair"   coughHorvatcough

Well it's time to put in the pizza! I had my groceries delivered yesterday because I have been so busy that the only time I've gotten out of my apartment was for a day trip down to San Francisco.  The person who delivered my groceries called me from his car and told me where they were at. He did not deliver them to my door, and I gotta laugh! That's wonderful service :).

Then on my way down to San Francisco, someone took my seat (why bother to tell the person that it was my seat) and the person next to me decided to text on her phone through out the flight, as well as brush her hair, and she also rolled perfume on her wrist a few times. Gotta laugh! People are interesting! 

31 minutes ago, Muttley said:

No accounting for taste. :picard: Maybe a long dose of :canucks: will change his mind on favorites. 

Whats wrong with Bedard liking those 2 players ? His shot is based on Matthews shot. His size projects to be exactly the same as Crosby. So its pretty obvious why he likes them. He wants to be a Crosby with a Matthews shot

• Vintage 2

32 minutes ago, Muttley said:

No accounting for taste. :picard: Maybe a long dose of :canucks: will change his mind on favorites. 

Crosby is a generational player. That other guy...uhm...yeah...well, he scores some goals...I hear he'll be

moving to Phoenix after next season.

8 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Love to see this posted in one of those other threads full of Miller haters who want to trade him before his contract even starts.

At the end:

"I would love to take a passionate hockey player who wants to win every night, over the guy that's just very...um...very blasé affair"   coughHorvatcough

I couldn’t help but think of Horvat with that last comment too. He’s a good guy and good player but passion is not his strong suit. 

• There it is 1
  • elephant 1

56 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Interesting comments on JT Miller. Makes me feel better about the team choosing to extend him.

Never, ever believed the toxic narrative! JT's someone you want in the heat of competition. Bruce says it all, accurately! 

There it is!

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

Interesting how BB would rather have the passion (and sometimes crossing the line) of Miller than the laissez-faire player like we saw so much (IMHAO) in Bo. 

Edited by Alflives

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Interesting how BB would rather have the passion (and sometimes crossing the line) of Miller than the laissez-faire player like we saw so much in Bo. 

Horvat: That's a good team over there.  We gotta learn how to respond.  We can't give up the lead/fail to score/turtle/chicken out/give up/quit/Mail it in

Miller: ####$$#%%#%^^$#$%^^&^%$(&*^(*%&%$&

• Haha 2
  • There it is 1