The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 13, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, Ballisticsports. said:

I will never understand very well paid NHL players

These guys were to shorten their shifts, yet each time they change it looks like new peewee family skates to the bench

Marathon runners run hard to the end, Rec players I play with put way more effort in doing it for free

In a game of inches and secs those slow motion skates back cost a offensive strike or defensive positioning

Bring in some ECL players or players with desire to win

I don't want them to win in a lost cause season, but this lackadaisical effort always irks me

Players know this is a lossing season and the strategy of chasing the middle has been a disaster for the team.  

• Cheers 1

good to see boudreau with no structure gives up an average of 4.08 goals per game and tochette with his system and structure is giving up only 4.375 goals per game. playing with no structure definitely is the reason why our player sucked so bad defensively.. we have been giving up just as much high danger chance with less shots against and more blocked shots lol.. before every 3rd shot is like a high danger chance.. now every other shot is a high danger chance against.

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

good to see boudreau with no structure gives up an average of 4.08 goals per game and tochette with his system and structure is giving up only 4.375 goals per game. playing with no structure definitely is the reason why our player sucked so bad defensively.. we have been giving up just as much high danger chance with less shots against and more blocked shots lol.. before every 3rd shot is like a high danger chance.. now every other shot is a high danger chance against.

Scotty Bowman couldn't coach this team to wins FFS..

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'm over here like "keep it up"

And there's dudes encouraging Tocchet to try and improve this team. No thanks. That can wait a few years

I want Tocchet to start working on changing the mindset of the group, and focus on a instilling a defensive structure for next year but its a lost season right now & the guys in that room know it.

When your at the bottom & playing out the stretch these kind of uninspired nights are going to happen. If anything its expected, we know the flaws here, I'm not going to pick out scapegoats & over analyze. Getting a pillar out of this draft will be huge.

• Cheers 1