The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fight at Canucks practice?

Rate this topic

Screw

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

"Fight breaks out at Canucks practice" is the headline...

Brendan Batchelor tweets: "Quinn Hughes and Dakota Joshua got into a spirited shoving match during a battle drill. Conor Garland got involved too"...

When I was in school a fight meant that fists were swinging, and guys were getting knocked out.  Oh, how times have changed...

I call bs!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Quinn, the ONLY player with pushback and snarl against Detroit last night" Quinn was visibly upset that a bottom string player was getting in his face while being a ppg defenseman during yet another losing year or *checks notes* his 5th consecutive losing year barring the covid bubble?

I can't imagine why he'd be upset at all.

But I can imagine him looking at the calendar knowing when his contract runs out and debating how nice Jersey is this time of year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but QH is part of that losing team isn't he?

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but QH is part of that losing team isn't he?

Yup.  But when he's the only snarl on the team and is now also allegedly pushing back in practice this team is in more trouble than people want to admit.

It's one thing to lose with heart but the rolling over aspect is kind of sad

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • elephant 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yup.  But when he's the only snarl on the team and is now also allegedly pushing back in practice this team is in more trouble than people want to admit.

It's one thing to lose with heart but the rolling over aspect is kind of sad

I think this shoving in practice is overblown but I will 100% agree with you on the rolling over. It’s #%@$ing embarrassing and has been for years. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Im not a big qh fan but hes been battling hard this year.   Hes trying harder as hard as anyone to win.  He stinks at defending but hes far from our biggest problem 

QH doesn’t “stink” at defending. He’s actually very good defensively and is sacrificing offence to cover for his poor partners. 

• Huggy Bear 1

22 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Im not a big qh fan but hes been battling hard this year.   Hes trying harder as hard as anyone to win.  He stinks at defending but hes far from our biggest problem 

How are you not a Huggy fan? What more do you want from the kid?

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

How are you not a Huggy fan? What more do you want from the kid?

Fans of other teams come here and post sometimes. Plus we have some home fans who don’t really understand the game. Demko, Hughes, Pettersson are three fabulous players. We are fortunate to have them, because they are the guys who win Cups. 

• Cheers 2