The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday February 15 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

To be honest, I kind of miss the blue jerseys. 

I like the black ones but am not a fan of adding them in the middle of a horrendous season.

New jerseys should signal the start of a new year and a fresh start.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, EB43 said:

So conflicted.. we NEED to lose more than anything, but once Demko is back.. he needs to play well, even if he were to be traded.. at least it raises his value.. I guess I’ll be cheering for 2-1 and 1-0 games.. not likely gonna happen.

Tank above all.

66-4 Rangers.

Demko's not going anywhere.  

Course, I have been wrong before....

50 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Unfortunately Canucks can't pick 12th. Only 13th or later, or it slides to 2024.

Good chance if the pick is between 9-12 they’ll end up giving it to us anyway. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I like the black ones but am not a fan of adding them in the middle of a horrendous season.

New jerseys should signal the start of a new year and a fresh start.

Agreed. Either change it full time, change the logo, change the trademark, change the arena to reflect the colors , etc or just reserve them for special nights.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Unfortunately Canucks can't pick 12th. Only 13th or later, or it slides to 2024.

Actually NY still has the option to give us the pick if they don't win the lottery. Speculation is they may do that if it's 10-12  to make sure they don't lose out on a possible lottery pick next year.

Sorry can't find the link but I think it's in the trade thread somewhere.

1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

Me too- if we pick at #7 and #12 that’d be huge 

Yup, We would be able to get one of Benson, Smith, Dvorsky or Yager and one of Sandin Pelikka, Reinbacher, Gulyayev, Dragicevic with the Islanders pick.

We should be able to get one player from each n=bunch either way, or be in a position to grab the BPA winger if they fall down the board.  I ghet people aren't wanting more wingers, but if the right one id there, I'd take them because 1)  Benson and Sale have high end elite talent 2) We really don't ahev any high end elite talent on the wings anywhere in the org aside from Kuz.

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Actually NY still has the option to give us the pick if they don't win the lottery. Speculation is they may do that if it's 10-12  to make sure they don't lose out on a possible lottery pick next year.

Sorry can't find the link but I think it's in the trade thread somewhere.

I think that’s the most likely outcome too.

Like why gamble next year? Just give up the pick that you know the value of.

Sure it might be an 18-22 pick next year, but is that really much difference in value to risk it potentially being a lotto pick?

Now that they’ve re-signed Bo I think giving up a 10-12 pick wouldn’t sting as much.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think that’s the most likely outcome too.

Like why gamble next year? Just give up the pick that you know the value of.

Sure it might be an 18-22 pick next year, but is that really much difference in value to risk it potentially being a lotto pick?

Now that they’ve re-signed Bo I think giving up a 10-12 pick wouldn’t sting as much.

Would be kind of funny it Lou gives us the 9th overall pick again Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Demko's not going anywhere.  

Course, I have been wrong before....

Yeah I don’t think he’ll be traded either, so I guess I’m cheering for him to play badly or the Canucks offence to play badly. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Biggest question will be will Allvin pick based on need or BPA 

Yeah true ... but I don't really believe in BPA per se unless it's clear cut like pick #1. It's an impossible science. I feel there are tiers of players and within those picking for position is acceptable. Like is it really possible to itemize picks 180-185 accurately? Of course it is more clear at the top. For this reason I'm fine with a defender for the second pick but the first definitely needs to be a forward. In addition ... will Allvin pick based on nationality lol? I will take Carlsson ... or Pelikka for our #1, and #2, picks.