The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday February 15 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

58 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

That Irbe setup is just so goddamn elite! He's one of my favourite stories in the NHL ever. Backstopping Carolina to the finals in '02 has to be his career highlight. He was also an Allstar...

spacer.png

The part of his career I remember most is facing the Detroit juggernaut in the first round in the mid 90's and making them cry.   Irbe was the last little goalie that was an animal. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

At one point, I believe Raty was ranked #1 (2021 Draft), but over time, he dropped down the rankings and at the Draft got selected in the 2nd Round (#52) I would consider Raty a 2nd Round gem and with proper development, he's going to be a very good player. 

What were the knocks on Raty?

Really excited for the bounty on Draft Day, Canucks could walk away with:

1a - Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith, Benson or Moore

1b - Barlow or Dvorsky (could these guys drop to 12-15?)  

2 - Reinbacher, Willander, Dragicevic, Bonk 

With the way Reinbacher is playing, if we don’t win the lotteries, then we should be picking him up between 7-10. We need a RHD so badly, might as well just grab him with our earliest pick. He’s going to be a top 10 pick. A team desperate enough will take him at #5-7.

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neutral said:

I would NOT be happy with Anaheim getting Bedard, if the Canucks do NOT get him then I want a team in the eastern conference to get him so we only play him twice a year

If wishes were horses beggars would ride. But yeah I agree, he would make Anaheim scary. :shock:

1 minute ago, FlyLow_ said:

Yikes. Podz on the top line, Pizza on the 2nd line and Silovs in net. Whatever the Canucks are smoking, I'll have some of that.

Podz scores two.

PDG provides some much needed grit to the top 6.

And the Arty Part is a rager tonight!

Edited by DeNiro