The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kings re-sign Mikey Anderson

Great deal for the Kings.

Just plays a really good defensive game and underrated in his pest game. He can really get under the skin of the opposition - he plays his role very well, while supporting Drew Doughty on the first pairing. He has really freed Doughty up to be more offensive.

Wish we had someone like Mikey on our blueline with his set of skills.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jim Benning in the 2nd round, 2017: "Why isn't anyone taking Kole Lind?"

Rob Blake in the 4th round, 2017: "Why isn't anyone taking Mikey Anderson?"

Ah yes one of the many mysteries in life. Why isn’t anyone taking Kole Lind…

Oh right because he wasn’t very good!

I wish he would have asked “why isn’t anyone else interested in trading for OEL?” Or signing Eriksson to a 6x6?”

I like to imagine a world where Boston traded for OEL and it completely derailed them. And Calgary signed Eriksson to a 6x6. -_-

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • elephant 1

11 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Great deal for the Kings.

Just plays a really good defensive game and underrated in his pest game. He can really get under the skin of the opposition - he plays his role very well, while supporting Drew Doughty on the first pairing. He has really freed Doughty up to be more offensive.

Wish we had someone like Mikey on our blueline with his set of skills.

Also has a metric butt-tonne of leadership for such a young guy.

Traded him in fantasy, because he's obviously not a big point producer, but I'd happily build a real team with him on it any day.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, billabong said:

This is why we need picks….you need an many bullets in the gun to hit the target 

cups are built through the draft…not reclamation projects and waiver wire pick ups 

Yup, this is why I get annoyed when people talk about how "pointless" trading players are if they only return mid/late round picks. Every shot is worth it.

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Yup, this is why I get annoyed when people talk about how "pointless" trading players are if they only return mid/late round picks. Every shot is worth it.

Its an obvious point to make but It’s the number 1 reason we our organizational depth is so thin is because the benning era never had a plethora of picks in any draft year

quality of picks is great but quantity is also insanely important when you’re shooting in rounds 2-7 because not a single scout “knows” how good a player will be, it’s all just educated guesses. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

You can't change the past. But we can sure as hell try to find defencemen. I don't know why it's so hard for this organization to understand great defencemen are always in demand. You can trade high level defencemen for wingers and centres and probably get a draft pick out of it. This team also doesn't understand you don't always need puck moving defencemen. You need defencemen that can hit, skate, complete checks, you know DEFEND. It's not all about points.

45 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You can't change the past. But we can sure as hell try to find defencemen. I don't know why it's so hard for this organization to understand great defencemen are always in demand. You can trade high level defencemen for wingers and centres and probably get a draft pick out of it. This team also doesn't understand you don't always need puck moving defencemen. You need defencemen that can hit, skate, complete checks, you know DEFEND. It's not all about points.

Instructions unclear, used both 1st round picks on wingers 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Instructions unclear, used both 1st round picks on wingers 

Vancouver gets 1st overall.

Drafts Michov

Gets 1st rounder from NYI: drafts Zeb Forsfjall (And Reinbacher is still on the board).....

If that happened I might be joining Heff in turning into a Seattle fan.

• elephant 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Vancouver gets 1st overall.

Drafts Michov

Gets 1st rounder from NYI: drafts Zeb Forsfjall (And Reinbacher is still on the board).....

If that happened I might be joining Heff in turning into a Seattle fan.

Honestly, I'm at the point of just not watching any NHL now.

• Like 1