The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN and DAL

43 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I really disagree on the value you place on Khudobin.......his salary is 3.3 million, and at the TDL, it will still be 1.32 Million........IMHO, that is worth more than a 4th

That's fine, maybe you're right.

My thinking was that DET took on $2.1m of Savard's cap hit for a late 4th round pick at the 2021 TDL so probably not too far off.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Dermott is a serviceable bottom pairing D-man... when healthy.  And he usually isn't.  I don't even think Vancouver will try to re-sign-him because of his injuries.  I think you'd have to offer Stillman, who is a 7/8 D-man but one who seems healthy enough to suit up.

Not Tank Commander??!!  We need him!  

• Haha 1

When you look at their roster they really don't have many weaknesses. Sure they've got some overpaid guys but also some under-paid guys to balance things out (eg. Seguin vs Robertson). Apparently they want to take a swing at Boeser and/or Schenn which makes sense - a top-6 winger + bottom pairing tough playoff defenceman.

Benn is almost still scoring at a PPG but Seguin is really quite down and has a 9.5M cap hit for another 4-5 years.

Seguin + 1st + 2nd for Boeser + Schenn

If we're tanking, we might as well tank hard. Seguin's contract is a death-wish for any team, we load it up with OEL's and basically decide we're not going anywhere the next few years. A first and 2nd seems like a lot but this is very similar to the OEL trade in the end. Neither team retains (maybe they retain 1M from Seguin if it doesn't work cap-wise but I think they can just about squeeze it all in).

They don't have a first this year so it'd have to be an unprotected 1st next year, and the 2nd this year. Surely they won't suck next year so it'll be another 20-25th overall pick.

This is a long-game type trade to turn us in into a proper tanking team.