The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) an analysis of our new d pairings before and after Tocchet... plus how is AB doing...

Rate this topic

Bad_BOI_pete

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

Not sure what your graphs say, but I've been really happy with Beauvillier.  He is a complimentary winger in a decent deal and has produced pretty well on EP's wing so far.  I'd say he is our 2nd best winger after Kuz right now.

the chart says that too... EP and AB have been playing well

1 minute ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

well our 3rd and 4th lines with dries and aman are nor performing very well...

arguably only EP and Hughes are doing good

I appreciate the work involved with putting this together, but I'm old school and haven't gotten into corsi etc. Canucks seem to need a few upgrades, or even just switching certain players out to get a better mix of players.   

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I've taken a deep dive analysis into these spreadsheets and what I've ascertained is that this defense is f**king garbage.

It does have an elite left-handed puck mover (Hughes), a brutalizing third pairing veteran (Schenn), and a solid 5-6 (Bear), but the rest reminds me of those bargain bins they had at A & B Sound where CDs were $5. 

Hey, I found a couple treasures in those A&B Sound bargain bins! One was a collection of the top 100 classical songs of all time, I think it was a 4-CD set going for like $5, and I bought it on a whim, figuring it must have some good stuff on it. And it had this! I was in awe listening to it for the first time. I'm not religious but I'm a sucker for huge church choirs. I'm probably one of about a dozen people on the planet who would say this is their favourite song of all time, but it gives me goosebumps every time.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I appreciate the work involved with putting this together, but I'm old school and haven't gotten into corsi etc. Canucks seem to need a few upgrades, or even just switching certain players out to get a better mix of players.   

the graphs are nice because if you watch the games you don't really need the charts unless you want to break down the stats to the extreme like i did here...

The gra[hs are a easy way to get a very good idea of how a player is performing with his linemates... 

The charts are good because you can compare how each player plays with any other player on the team, it further breaks down quality of competition down to the line they play on 1st,2nd,3rd,4th.. with advanced stats you can use it to confirm what people are saying....with enough time spent i spent 5 hours.... you can come to very good conclusions.... but you need to take into account alot of metrics. you can then compare  their Goal for%, shots taken, high danger chances taking into consideration ozone starts and line mates... 

its not something you have to learn and test against your eyes... but once you got a good idea you can then start analyzing players without even watching them play... of course you will have to do a little research to fill in the gaps like how fast they are