The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Erik Karlsson watch

1 hour ago, MattWN. said:

I think Horvat falls even further than Karlsson.

He's another player shooting at nearly twice his career shooting percetage. 1/3 of his points coming off the PP, mainly with Vancouver. Now he's on a team with the league worst PP at 15%, playing on a d-first team who don't produce a lot of goals. 

Both players are having major outlier years, and every single stat suggests it won't be replicated. 

Do you have EK's shooting % handy ?

On 2/17/2023 at 4:24 AM, Timråfan said:

Trading EK against Nurse, a few younger prospects, 2 1sts and 2 2nds might do the trick.

They think Bouchard, Poolparty and two firsts will be the ask plus retention to bring EK down to around 7.     Doable.   EDM knows they are in win now mode. 

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

They think Bouchard, Poolparty and two firsts will be the ask plus retention to bring EK down to around 7.     Doable.   EDM knows they are in win now mode. 

Even with that it’s only four mill back to the Sharks.

Can the Oilers handle plus 3 mill on the cap?

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Karlsson to the Oilers would make them a very serious contender. I want the Oilers to go past the Av's this year. Wait a minute Byram is back playing. I have to think on that one. 

Meh… they still have serious issues on there back end and in net, karlsson creates another gapping hole defensively 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Meh… they still have serious issues on there back end and in net, karlsson creates another gapping hole defensively 

I hope this happens. Would love to see them gut their draft pick cupboard, and get stuck with EK when he regresses next year. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Quite possible. Actually hope that SJS cannot move EK as it will keep them more competitive and save our tank. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Quite possible. Actually hope that SJS cannot move EK as it will keep them more competitive and save our tank. 

I’m feeling pretty confident we will stick between 3-6 I’m not to worried about little stuff like that, sometimes a trade of a bunch of roster players coming back sparks a team as well, for instance Bouchard puljujarvi yamamoto and McLeod is what the price will cost for a dman on pace for well over 100 points 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I’m feeling pretty confident we will stick between 3-6 I’m not to worried about little stuff like that, sometimes a trade of a bunch of roster players coming back sparks a team as well, for instance Bouchard puljujarvi yamamoto and McLeod is what the price will cost for a dman on pace for well over 100 points 

It will help if we keep Demko on the shelf for the rest of the season. Never thought I would want to have AHL quality goaltending. 

• Haha 1
  • Tanks a lot 1