The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pearson officially on LTIR now!

Rate this topic

HKSR

13 minutes ago, Neutral said:

they want to clear PoolParty's 3m cap hit though, so take that into consideration it should mean Canucks if they take back a salary like that should be hoping to get a 2nd roun pick back in return. Otherwise, we might get a 3rd round pick offered to us. I like Schenn but he is what he is on a good team he isn't an everyday player unless there are injuries see his TB tenure. Schenn brings grit and experience but he is slow, and well not fair to him cause our whole D core is brutal but he makes his mistakes too just with a sub 1m cap hit we brush those away given he has far outperformed anyones expectations since he signed the 2 yr deal.

Asset management, move Schenn and do it soon imo before his kids birth gets too close. Send him to Alberta or maybe Seattle, not far away for him to travel and those teams could maybe use a depth D like Schenn

Not to mention they could just put him on waivers if they desperately needed the space.

Holland just came out and said they aren't interested in giving him away for free though, so that isn't happening. 

That being said, surely they won't be paying somebody to take him. 

I’m not sure I’m ready to be gleeful over guys having injuries or horrible setbacks to surgeries… but, yes, hopefully the team can take a bad contract or two (or even take a serviceable player a team is trying to upgrade on or ship out to clear room) with the LTIR space. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

We have a pretty big executive team whoa Re supposed to be pretty smart. 

I have a feeling they will do something good here at the deadline. 

Put the entire 15 person exec team roster on LTIR and replace them with 15 randomly selected CDC'ers......... we'd do just as well!!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

6 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I’m not sure I’m ready to be gleeful over guys having injuries or horrible setbacks to surgeries… but, yes, hopefully the team can take a bad contract or two (or even take a serviceable player a team is trying to upgrade on or ship out to clear room) with the LTIR space. 

Taking the personal / human aspect out of it, Not happy about demkos setback. You wonder if he'll ever be the same as we need him to be healthy and playing well long term. 

Pearson from an asset perspective might be better on LTIR than on the ice. 

One would hope OEL has a career ending injury (not physically crippled though so that he can still enjoy his 65+m in career earnings which coincidentally puts him in 101st place in lifetime nhl earnings) 

Myers only has a year left so meh... 

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Put the entire 15 person exec team roster on LTIR and replace them with 15 randomly selected CDC'ers......... we'd do just as well!!

I don't think we'd get anything done then either 

But it'd cost Aquilini less 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Haha 2

Surely we're going to end up retaining for a pick. Cap friendly says we have over 7M in deadline cap space thanks to LTIR, might as well use it up.

Minny just took 25% of ROR's 7M cap hit for a 4th rounder. Not much really. If 2M in cap space is roughly a 4th, I wonder if 5M is a 2nd? I'll take 50% of Kane's salary for the rest of the year for a 2nd for sure. I think if we're the 3rd man though we're only looking at 25% of the salary - we'll see lots of these messy deals, and the original team with the asset will surely retain 50% most of the time.

Never seen a TDL like this with so many moving parts to make the caps fit but it's win-win-win.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Timråfan said:

The Oilers must part with Nurse but the Sharks don’t want him or any cap dumps so Oilers ship him for free to us and Sharks get three 1st for EK

Nope. I don't want anymore brain dead d-men on the roster. No to Nurse. Yes to Livingstone!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Surely we're going to end up retaining for a pick. Cap friendly says we have over 7M in deadline cap space thanks to LTIR, might as well use it up.

Minny just took 25% of ROR's 7M cap hit for a 4th rounder. Not much really. If 2M in cap space is roughly a 4th, I wonder if 5M is a 2nd? I'll take 50% of Kane's salary for the rest of the year for a 2nd for sure. I think if we're the 3rd man though we're only looking at 25% of the salary - we'll see lots of these messy deals, and the original team with the asset will surely retain 50% most of the time.

Never seen a TDL like this with so many moving parts to make the caps fit but it's win-win-win.

Not just retain but can take on a bad contract with picks.

IMO any retention would be for moving one of the teams players unless it is the last minute at the TDL.

They could be thinking of trading Ferland and his LTIR to a team like Vegas, Tampa or any team needing more cap space and then Pearson's LTIR replaces Ferland's. Ferland's contract could be worth more than retention because of the prorating of contracts at the TDL.

There are a few other teams that could do this as well but it is just another way to use this new LTIR space that actually adds more value to any trade.

Here is one deal, Miller and Ferland to Vegas, 1,5 mil prorated cap hit, so a 390K cap hit to Vegas or Tampa or Pittsburgh or Washington if done within the next week, less at the TDL.

It would be a waste and I am not sure that Pearson could be traded anyway but he has no clause next year and is valuable at the TDL if healthy, another pick in 2025 preferred

• Like 1