The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Pearson Put On LTIR, Is There A Trade In The Works?

1 hour ago, Devron said:

Haha ahh I love typing with a phone… 

Jeez, get with the times Devron & obtain the latest technology my friend!

A picture of myself with a high tech phone hipsters use today (my buddy Alf got me in touch with a vendor selling it!):

saved-by-the-bell-1245827.jpg

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Leafs didn’t want Horvat. They wanted a guy who can play defensively so they can win.  That’s not Bo. 

As 3rd party.  The Wild got a 4th round pick for giving up 1.875M of their cap space (75K in salary).  

Vancouver likely more interested in late season free agency market eg Livingstone.  Would be pretty frustrating to miss out because they can't fit the bonus payment under their cap.  

Edited by mll
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

As 3rd party.  The Wild got a 4th round pick for giving up 1.875M of their cap space (75K in salary).  

Vancouver likely more interested in late season free agency market eg Livingstone.  Would be pretty frustrating to miss out because they can't fit the bonus payment under their cap.  

Make a trade of Boeser, Garland or Miller and lots of space, lots of space anyway

7 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Make a trade of Boeser, Garland or Miller and lots of space, lots of space anyway

Have to be able to trade them.  

A max 1-year ELC is a 4.4M cap hit with 5 days left to the season.  Lower if earlier - 2.6M with 10 days left. etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IRR said:

Wow…so, basically, you are trying to contradict him, but you are just coming back to the same conclusion in the end in a round about way! Some of you need to wake to f up! 

I'm not actually trying to contradict him.  I am contradicting him.  We have a GM who is learning the ropes and he should have put Pearson on LTIR a long time ago.  I think that Allvin has been corrected.  

Leafs acquire O'Reilly, Acciari in three-team trade with Blues and Wild

Did Allvin put Pearson on LTIR to open up cap space for the Canucks to be the third team in the Leafs-Blues blockbuster?  Did something go awry at the last minute and allow Minnesota to swoop in an become that third team?? Take a careful look at the picture that TSN mistakenly released announcing the the trade and tell me what you think!!

4 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Leafs acquire O'Reilly, Acciari in three-team trade with Blues and Wild

Did Allvin put Pearson on LTIR to open up cap space for the Canucks to be the third team in the Leafs-Blues blockbuster?  Did something go awry at the last minute and allow Minnesota to swoop in a become that third team?? Take a careful look at the picture that TSN mistakenly released announcing the the trade and tell me what you think!!

We Only have 2 retention spots and a 4th in 2025 was not worth one of them. See my post above for even better targets and bigger returns.

4 hours ago, mll said:

If 2m in cap is worth a 4th rounder, count me out... 

I hope the canucks walked away from this if they were offered this before Minni. 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

How high are you? 

What? We have $7.6 million in Cap and if a team trades for either Kane or Toews at 50% retained we can also be a part of the trade and retain 50% for the other team. It’s what Minnesota just did to weaponize Cap space. 

$10 million dollar Toews at 50% retained going to Winnipeg for example puts his Cap at $5 million, if we also retain 50% for Winnipeg ($2.5) it put Toews Cap hit at $2.5 and then you pro rate it. 

Lucic you just trade for straight up for Picks, what do you not understand here Shooter? 

• Tanks a lot 1

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

If 2m in cap is worth a 4th rounder, count me out... 

I hope the canucks walked away from this if they were offered this before Minni. 

It was $600k in “Cap space” but only $75k in salary owed dollars. Just call it $600k for a 4th in 2025.

The $2million was pro rated 

Edited by KyGuy123