The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday February 18 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Poolman

Pearson

Demko

Mikheyev

Lazar

Studnicka

Lockwood

OEL

Dermott

That's a long injury list. Just hope Boeser, Garland and Myers are traded before they're added to this list.

I can see Boeser moved out of the three, but you could add Hoglander and Schenn as the most likely candidates 

• Upvote 1

Hoping for another L. At this point it's the only positive thing that can happen. Hate that our team is in hope & pray mode for draft picks but that's where we are. Tank hard for Bedard, would be a miracle if we finally got the 1st overall and it's for a generational talent.

• Tanks a lot 1

I don't know how much more obvious big changes need to be made? The teams best goals against this month is 4 in a game.

The defence needs to be completely replaced. That includes Hughes. The team needs to worry less about getting scoring from it's forwards. And have in the bottom six forwards that work with the defence on defending.

If OEL is willing to move, take 50% of his salary, and take a 7th round pick and trade him. I'd rather see Woo, Juulsen, Wolanin and Rathbone up here, even for the interm.

They will at least be able to keep up. And won't have the gaffes this team has on defending.

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't know how much more obvious big changes need to be made? The teams best goals against this month is 4 in a game.

The defence needs to be completely replaced. That includes Hughes. The team needs to worry less about getting scoring from it's forwards. And have in the bottom six forwards that work with the defence on defending.

If OEL is willing to move, take 50% of his salary, and take a 7th round pick and trade him. I'd rather see Woo, Juulsen, Wolanin and Rathbone up here, even for the interm.

They will at least be able to keep up. And won't have the gaffes this team has on defending.

I agree re our defence although I'd HATE to lose Hughes. But goaltending's also to be factored in to our GA.

I don't argue that our d needs a complete overhaul though...that's a huge to do list but I'd be focusing on that, first.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

I agree re our defence although I'd HATE to lose Hughes. But goaltending's also to be factored in to our GA.

I don't argue that our d needs a complete overhaul though...that's a huge to do list but I'd be focusing on that, first.

I'd hate to do it as well. But you aren't going to get an elite RHD unless you trade something substantial back.

I like Huggy Bear. You would never trade him for scraps, or just picks. But I'd be willing to see him go if it meant our team was better in the long run.

I think our defence is far worse shape that anyone has imagined. The reason the goalies are being lit up is opponents are getting into high danger zone areas and our defence is trying to defend the goal post.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Poolman

Pearson

Demko

Mikheyev

Lazar

Studnicka

Lockwood

OEL

Dermott

That's a long injury list. Just hope Boeser, Garland and Myers are traded before they're added to this list.

Canucks need to take a serious look at changing the medical staff for next year.