The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Christian Wolanin, place Travis Dermott on IR

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

What does Poolman have to do with taking Stillman over Dermott?

Dermott is ok when healthy. Poolman was a wasted signing from the get go. Stillman seems to be improving, and one of the few Canucks that have actually gotten better.

Which is unreal. Problem is Dermott can't get healthy.

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Never thought I would see the day that Stillman has more value than Dermott.  The trade that didn't make sense at all was trading a 3rd round pick for Dermott...

Yup....we somehow moved the 3m Hamonic for a 3rd, Canucks fans are happy about that and then we go and trade a 3rd for a meh Laffs D man...If we had 1.5m more in cap space is Bo a Canuck still...oh how the Borvat fan club must wonder about what could of been!?!?

• There it is 1

45 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I can see a scenario where only Hughes and Stillman are back with the team next year.  And maybe Schenn...

What about Bear?
PS. I've reduced my frequency of tuning in to games lately so this positive talk about Stillman is news to me, has he been that good?  

• Tanks a lot 1

16 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

What about Bear?
PS. I've reduced my frequency of tuning in to games lately so this positive talk about Stillman is news to me, has he been that good?  

Bear doesn't move the needle for me anymore.  He's gonna want a $2.2-5 million deal.  I'd rather use that money to get an actual top 4 Dman.

Myers, Dermott, Bear, Burroughs can all leave.  OEL needs to be bought out.  That leaves Hughes as our only top 4 guy and then a couple of bottom pairing guys in Schenn and Stillman...

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bear doesn't move the needle for me anymore.  He's gonna want a $2.2-5 million deal.  I'd rather use that money to get an actual top 4 Dman.

Myers, Dermott, Bear, Burroughs can all leave.  OEL needs to be bought out.  That leaves Hughes as our only top 4 guy and then a couple of bottom pairing guys in Schenn and Stillman...

From where/ what league?  UFAs are where veterans come to get paydays and security (Gudbranson got $4 million with term last off-season).  Most teams know who their studs are and won't offer them in trades, and it depends on where the team is before we ask if the trade is feasible (rebuilding teams move their vets for high picks, contenders won't make moves besides adding, and everyone's hanging onto their ELCs like the growth stocks they can be -- e.g., when Lafreniere was cold and people were rumoring that NYR would dump them, it was highly unlikely that happens, same with a guy like Bouchard even though he's stuck on PP 2 in Edmonton he's still young and an RHD; we'd be lucky if we can find a "Weegar-pending-UFA-to-Calgary" situation).  
Everyone wants that good value trade, but I think for Bear we should chalk it up as the win that it was, keep him and integrate him into the system instead of creating another hole in the roster, while we wait out Myers until next season and move him then (strongly against buying out OEL unless cap goes up by a lot or we're in great financial shape with all bad contracts gone by 2025-26 and 26-27, when his buyout cap hit will be $4.8 million per year).

41 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

What about Bear?

Stillman is one of the few defencemen that seems to be gradually improving, and he seems to be responding well to the new coaching staff.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1